25w heater broken? - suggestions on brands?

Aquarium Decor, DIY and Equipment.
Kiwi
Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 10 times

Hi, I just joined and apologize that I'm instantly asking for advice! I've been trying to get a 25w heater for a 24l tank I've set up and ordered one off Amazon a month ago, but it didn't heat the tank at all. I returned it and ordered a different brand, and it's arrived today in what I'm pretty sure is an unusable state - I've attached a photo, the metal coils are meant to go to the black part but this section doesn't, do you guys agree I should return it?

I never like ordering from Amazon at the best of times but I'm done with getting what appear to be unsealed, returned defects. I've found 25w heaters difficult to find for a reasonable price, but maybe I'm not looking in the right places. My reason for ordering the ones off Amazon is that they're quite short, which suits the design of my tank as I don't have much height but need it vertical to line up with where the cable will go. With the current situation I can't go out hunting for one locally. Luckily it's not an urgent situation as it's a new empty tank, and the fish in my main tank are safe and happy. Any recommendations would be much appreciated. :]

Martinspuddle
Forum Jester & TOTM Winner
Forum Jester & TOTM Winner
Has liked: 4244 times
Been liked: 3908 times

Greetings. :]

I've just viewed this on Pro-Shrimp online shop website.

COVID-19 & Service Update
We are currently experiencing high demand and an unusual amount of orders. We would like to advise the following points:

- Please allow additional time for any customer service requests. We are unable to take calls at this time, please open a ticket via our support system or email: support@pro-shrimp.com

- Our same day dispatch cut off time has been changed to 12.00 NOON

- Live shrimp and snail shipping has been temporarily suspended. Royal Mail is experiencing delays across its network

- All carriers are working as expected at this time. We are starting to see a few delays on our Royal Mail services (especially economy options), please allow a couple of extra days for delivery on those.

Amazon JBL ProTemp S 25W

The JBL 25w heater thermostat is Length: 21.5cm and cost's £23.44 delivered
WARNING - DO NOT BREED, FEED OR PET THE PUDDLE! :dodgy2:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
:swim2: :swim2: :swim2: :swim2: :swim2: :woo: :swim2: :swim2: :swim2:
mikeyw64
Posting Legend
Has liked: 424 times
Been liked: 1275 times

I use a 50w heater in Castle (which is also approx 25L)

The important bit is that you can adjust the temp to your desired setting.

The Wattage simply influences how fast it heats the water . Higher the wattage, hquicker it heats would be a general rule of thumb.

For reference this is the one I use in Castle, Mounted horizontally behind the matten filter

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07 ... UTF8&psc=1
Kiwi
Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 10 times

Thank you both for your suggestions!
fr499y
Admin - TOTM Winner
Admin - TOTM Winner
Has liked: 1785 times
Been liked: 4200 times

I just use Eheim thermopreset in both tanks. Short and reliable!