Should I manually adjust my levels?

The science behind successful fishkeeping.
fr499y
Admin - TOTM Winner
Admin - TOTM Winner
Has liked: 1785 times
Been liked: 4203 times

but was the shark alive? lol
We are hoping to have another tank in 2/3 years time, a really large one that I wanted to go marine but at the moment we are thinking a colony of blood parrots lol
You need deep pockets for marine! Talking from experience lol
PaulVerrall
Previous TOTM Winner
Previous TOTM Winner
Has liked: 869 times
Been liked: 1273 times

fr499y wrote: Mon Mar 16, 2020 14:43 pm but was the shark alive? lol
We are hoping to have another tank in 2/3 years time, a really large one that I wanted to go marine but at the moment we are thinking a colony of blood parrots lol
You need deep pockets for marine! Talking from experience lol
Lol the sharks tail wasn't wagging, but if I was in a big fish's mouth I'd play dead too!!!!

Yeah all I hear is horror stories about marine tanks, it's almost put me off!
fr499y
Admin - TOTM Winner
Admin - TOTM Winner
Has liked: 1785 times
Been liked: 4203 times

Same sort of stuff can go wrong, but you're not playing with cheap fish. A 'tetra' type in marine would be a chromis, and even they set you back £10-£15 each. I lost 2 copperbands at £45 a pop ( trade prices ) and a angel at £60 for no reason at all. And then theres the corals!! I didn't dare add up how much my 3ft cost to stock.
PaulVerrall
Previous TOTM Winner
Previous TOTM Winner

fr499y wrote: Mon Mar 16, 2020 14:52 pm Same sort of stuff can go wrong, but you're not playing with cheap fish. A 'tetra' type in marine would be a chromis, and even they set you back £10-£15 each. I lost 2 copperbands at £45 a pop ( trade prices ) and a angel at £60 for no reason at all. And then theres the corals!! I didn't dare add up how much my 3ft cost to stock.
Blimey I haven't even looked into cost! Just how beautiful all the coral looks and putting the cast of Nemo in to it lol.

I'm really into my Parrot at the moment, so may swerve the marine and just build a massive Parrot tank with a few pals in there, maybe get into some sort of breeding, I know parrots are mostly infertile but someone must breed them somewhere or there wouldn't be any!
Fishtales
Posting Legend
Has liked: 1064 times
Been liked: 471 times

PaulVerrall wrote: Mon Mar 16, 2020 14:42 pm Thanks, we all love Him! Lol
I never knew fish could be so clever and have such personality and character.
There's a YouTube video https://youtu.be/vVnE9o5Uxik
This is what we are hoping to achieve! A lot of places you read that people hate Parrot fish because they are a man made hybrid and not a real fish etc. That they are ugly! I think they are great! We are hoping to have another tank in 2/3 years time, a really large one that I wanted to go marine but at the moment we are thinking a colony of blood parrots lol
Lol, okay him! :D Wow that video is amazing!

Yes I have read some strong views regarding the Parrot fish. Personally I really like them and think they look adorable :D There is always controversy with fish of this kind. I do respect others views on it, but dogs have been bred for looks for a lot of years now as well. They can also suffer problems due to this. I'm afraid it is a subject too big for me. If I thought too much about it, I doubt I would keep any fish at all!

So overall I am a fan of them and if I had the right place, would have no qualms about keeping them :)
Fishkeeping - 4yrs

Aqua One 405lt 5ft tank - Sailfin pleco, Rainbow shark, albino/bronze cory x 11, 7 x Clown Loach
Filtration 2 x Aqua One Aquis 1050 externals, 1 x Ocellaris 850 external

Juwel 120lt 2ft - 12 x Cherry Barb, 10 x Panda Cory, 1 x Albino Bristlenose Pleco
Filtration Fluval 205
Fishtales
Posting Legend
Has liked: 1064 times
Been liked: 471 times

fr499y wrote: Mon Mar 16, 2020 14:43 pm but was the shark alive? lol...
I really hope not. One thing for sure, it definitely wasn't afterwards :rolleyes: :D
Fishkeeping - 4yrs

Aqua One 405lt 5ft tank - Sailfin pleco, Rainbow shark, albino/bronze cory x 11, 7 x Clown Loach
Filtration 2 x Aqua One Aquis 1050 externals, 1 x Ocellaris 850 external

Juwel 120lt 2ft - 12 x Cherry Barb, 10 x Panda Cory, 1 x Albino Bristlenose Pleco
Filtration Fluval 205
plankton
Super Mod
Super Mod
Has liked: 5051 times
Been liked: 3423 times

Watch the Malawi for bloat if they're eating the parrot's food..... :(
PaulVerrall
Previous TOTM Winner
Previous TOTM Winner

plankton wrote: Mon Mar 16, 2020 16:05 pm Watch the Malawi for bloat if they're eating the parrot's food..... :(
Will do thanks, he doesn't get much of a look in as the Parrot loves his dinner! Lol