Wiggles tank

A place to keep us informed of the goings on in your tanks. - Tank Logs.
Wiggles
Has liked: 49 times
Been liked: 209 times

Wall above the tank is an option don't really have room for it on the cabinet without it being really visable which I'd rather avoid. I might be able to run the plugs to the other side of the archway and have the extension lead on the other side where the kids TV is. Planning on using something along the lines of this to be able to control everything from my phone rather than having to reach around for the plugs/switches and can also set up timers for the lights etc.

Wiggles

Also have come to the realisation that the heater is a bit too big it's a massive about (50cm) eheim one and it will be hard to keep fully submerged in the sump so Need to find something shorter ideally.

So the list is now currently;

New Comb for the wier
Heater
New lighting (can use the old stuff initially)
Smart plug/extension lead
Clean and reconnect all the plumbing
Already have the substrate ready
Filter foam and media for the sump
Plants

Then I should be just about ready to add water and fish 🤔
Martinspuddle
Forum Jester & TOTM Winner
Has liked: 4220 times
Been liked: 3888 times

Wiggles wrote: Sun Jan 19, 2020 23:25 pm Also have come to the realisation that the heater is a bit too big it's a massive about (50cm) eheim one and it will be hard to keep fully submerged in the sump so Need to find something shorter ideally.
Shame there's not the room for a inline heater thermostat, like a Hydor.

The sumps I ran in the past I had two smaller heaters in one section of the sump and they worked very well.
WARNING - DO NOT BREED, FEED OR PET THE PUDDLE! :dodgy2:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
:swim2: :swim2: :swim2: :swim2: :swim2: :woo: :swim2: :swim2: :swim2:
Wiggles

Yeah that's the other option as I already have the heater from the other tank and a smaller one that could be both used but not sure having two would be the most efficient?

Also realised the foam I ordered from Amazon is coming from China so won't be here for another 2 weeks! D'oh!

Have a load of bio balls that came with the sump and have enough ceramic rings for a few bags, not sure if there is anything else I should add to the sump?
Martinspuddle

Wiggles wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 13:24 pm Have a load of bio balls that came with the sump and have enough ceramic rings for a few bags, not sure if there is anything else I should add to the sump?
You could use filter floss in the last chamber before the return pump to polish the water before it's return.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
F3l1ss
Has liked: 1032 times
Been liked: 323 times

I ordered floss from China without realising and it got here well before it's expected date, so hopefully won't take too long for you too.
Small tank - 125L - 7 Corydoras sterbai, 2 Melanotaenia herbertaxelrodi
Wiggles

Came home today to find all my fish food is gone... Spot the guilty suspect

Gingerlove05
Forum Guru
Forum Guru
Has liked: 5424 times
Been liked: 2667 times

They always know when they’ve done something wrong, my cats are the same its either the look of “i didnt do anything” or they cant look at you at all ROFL
Ric
Previous TOTM Winner
Previous TOTM Winner
Has liked: 4280 times
Been liked: 1898 times

Must be quality food then ;)
Martinspuddle

Gingerlove05 wrote: Fri Jan 24, 2020 19:36 pm They always know when they’ve done something wrong, my cats are the same its either the look of “i didnt do anything” or they cant look at you at all ROFL
You're lucky we have a Lurcher, he doesn't care. We tell him off, he will bark back at you. Any food or scraps get stolen if it's not been moved or nailed down. He is a thief, he can't help himself but he does amuse us with his antics! :D