Benvilles' Roma 240

A place to keep us informed of the goings on in your tanks. - Tank Logs.
Annie
Previous TOTM Winner
Previous TOTM Winner
Has liked: 234 times
Been liked: 151 times

You’ve done great, got the biggest job done , moving Gracie, and your health is the most important thing now, especially running up to Christmas. Take care.
Benville
Has liked: 10 times
Been liked: 87 times

Well, I was stupid.

Got the 307 moved to the 90L, and fitted the FX4 to the 240L.

I've been determined to prove to myself I can still do normal things and it's not that bad. Between this and some housework last night while alone, I could barely breathe again. Back to sitting with a nebulizer for half an hour we go.

At least it's done though, I can rest easier now.
Gingerlove05
Forum Guru
Forum Guru
Has liked: 5424 times
Been liked: 2667 times

At least you got it swapped. But i would be taking it easy and recover before pushing yourself too far.
Benville

I'm not good at not doing things. For the first 20 years of my life I had a Sgt Major for a dad, and when that happens, you learn to get things done no matter what.

Although he left the army 20 years ago and I've not lived with parents in 15 years, the programming is difficult to overcome.

Its slowly sinking in though that, despite my stubbornness, this isnt "just a cough".
Gingerlove05
Forum Guru
Forum Guru
Has liked: 5424 times
Been liked: 2667 times

Lol yeah i know what you mean.
I tend to battle on even when i’m ill, there have been a couple of times my OH has said to me “you need to stop...” :D
There are times you need to stop and look after yourself :) pneumonia is a little bit more than just a cough :D
Benville

Everyone everyone along at feeding time. Gracie shows zero interest in algae wafers now, much prefers the Fluval Bug Bites Bottom Feeder Formula.

The 90L, looking much happier now with the stronger flow and filter.

Annie
Previous TOTM Winner
Previous TOTM Winner
Has liked: 234 times
Been liked: 151 times

Tanks looking great, is Gracie still exploring and behaving herself ;)
plankton
Super Mod
Super Mod
Has liked: 5033 times
Been liked: 3395 times

So glad she's settled down again. :)
Benville

I found Gracie doing more scaping this morning, trying to drag some rocks and piling up sand against one end of her log.

This to me says she still felt exposed and wasnt content in hiding spaces.

Soooooo.....

I embedded the new white granite cave (large one) in sand, and used rocks, stones and sand to close off 2 of the 3 entrances. I then nested the log she likes against the third entrance, using more sand and stones to close off the two side openings on the log. Essentially creates a large, enclosed cave, with a sealed tunnel entrance.

Within minutes she drove straight in. She's come in and out a couple of times to pile up some more sand around the entrance to make it more enclosed.

Think shes happier now.

F3l1ss
Has liked: 1032 times
Been liked: 323 times

That's great that you notice her behaviour like that :) I really like following how she's doing on your log.