VikingMummy combined tank logs

A place to keep us informed of the goings on in your tanks. - Tank Logs.
Ric
Previous TOTM Winner
Previous TOTM Winner
Has liked: 4280 times
Been liked: 1898 times

Plus, you can always put a plant wish list on here, in case anyone has cuttings to spare :)
VikingMummy2015
TOTM Winner
TOTM Winner
Has liked: 855 times
Been liked: 1823 times

I just ordered everything. Don’t even ask for a full plant list because I can’t remember....easy plants for the most part and possibly slightly/heavily influenced by George Farmer’s Fluval flex tank! Some will go into the kitchen tank too, cos why not 🤷🏻‍♀️. I left out the Tropica soil powder in the end though.
VikingMummy2015
TOTM Winner
TOTM Winner

Oooh....slight movement on the ammonia and nitrite front! 0.25 nitrite and ammonia seems to be closer to 2 than 4. I did dilute the water slightly yesterday when I moved the tank (siphoned up some gunk and chucked about 4L water with it so topped it back up), but clearly there’s a wee bit of munching going on.
Which is typical because i’m going to scape this tank too (went back and added the soil powder to my order after all so I have enough substrate for both tanks 😂). I wasn’t expecting any munching action for a week or so yet. Ah well, i’ll just run the filter in a bucket if I need to once everything has arrived. Tank will be quite late on today (not yet at my local depot) so today’s plan is to remember which plants I ordered and decide which tank gets them and where. Happy days
VikingMummy2015
TOTM Winner
TOTM Winner

On a roll....
Fluval: foreground will be a mix of Lilaeopsis Brasiliensis and Helanthium tennelum. Mid will be Bacopa caroliniana, lobelia mini, cryptocoryne willisii and cryptocoryne wendtii.
Back will be hygrophila (siamensis 53B and polysperma rosanevig) plus Ludwigia Palustris, so hopefully a bit of pinky/red mixed in there. Then Anubias on the wood, possibly a wee java fern (both already in my 29L) on the decor.

29L kitchen tank: foreground of Sagittaria sibilants. Mid will be staurogyne repens and some Rotala rotundifolia, with an Echinodorus bleheri at the back. Bucephalandra lamandau red, Anubias and java fern on the wood/rocks.

All supposedly easy category, and i’ve at least had experience with a couple of them. I’m looking forward to the experiment even if everything dies off 😂.
Ric
Previous TOTM Winner
Previous TOTM Winner

Blimey, you ARE on a roll! Looking forward to seeing pics when all your goodies arrive :D
VikingMummy2015
TOTM Winner
TOTM Winner

Ric wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 17:35 pm Blimey, you ARE on a roll! Looking forward to seeing pics when all your goodies arrive :D
Yeah...I don’t hang around 🤣🤣
SxAqua
Has liked: 486 times
Been liked: 353 times

VikingMummy2015 wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 12:52 pm On a roll....
Fluval: foreground will be a mix of Lilaeopsis Brasiliensis and Helanthium tennelum. Mid will be Bacopa caroliniana, lobelia mini, cryptocoryne willisii and cryptocoryne wendtii.
Back will be hygrophila (siamensis 53B and polysperma rosanevig) plus Ludwigia Palustris, so hopefully a bit of pinky/red mixed in there. Then Anubias on the wood, possibly a wee java fern (both already in my 29L) on the decor.

29L kitchen tank: foreground of Sagittaria sibilants. Mid will be staurogyne repens and some Rotala rotundifolia, with an Echinodorus bleheri at the back. Bucephalandra lamandau red, Anubias and java fern on the wood/rocks.

All supposedly easy category, and i’ve at least had experience with a couple of them. I’m looking forward to the experiment even if everything dies off 😂.
Christ... Where you putting the fish 😄
VikingMummy2015
TOTM Winner
TOTM Winner

Insert swear word of choice....
I ordered plants from EBay. Even though I used PayPal to pay, it’s sent them to my ex’s house 🤦🏽‍♀️. The ex whose last contact from me was to inform him his son didn’t want to see him 🤦🏽‍♀️🤦🏽‍♀️. Chances of getting the plants alive/at all? 🤦🏽‍♀️🤦🏽‍♀️🤦🏽‍♀️. More swear words.
Ric
Previous TOTM Winner
Previous TOTM Winner

Sorry to hear that. Dealing with ex can be so tricky. Anyone you can think of who could act as a go-between?
plankton
Super Mod
Super Mod
Has liked: 5048 times
Been liked: 3422 times

Sorry to hear. Hope you do get them ok.