Mouth stuck open - what's wrong?

A place to keep us informed of the goings on in your tanks. - Tank Logs.
Last Triumph
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 77 times

Today I have noticed my Electric Blue Acara's mouth is stuck open and has been all day. There also appears to be a mark on his top lip.

I've tried to capture some decent pictures and nothing seems to be stuck in his mouth.

I only feed 1mm NLS cichlid pellets, blood worm and brine shrimp and the substrate is Limpopo, sop no large foreign objects to swallow.

Water params are all usual and all other fish are fine.

Any clues what's up or what I can do to help him?

stechappo
Has liked: 530 times
Been liked: 586 times

Has he been liplocking with the convict or any other fish, they do this when they fight my convict and salvini looked like long lost lovers most of the time constant kissing haha, not sure what meds to dose but just watch your water incase any infections set in.

Edit: Lovely fish by the way.
Last Triumph

Thanks.

At 6" he's not the biggest in the tank, but definitely the king of the jungle. Nobody messes with him - not the JD, not the Green terror, nobody - I've not seen him lip lock at all, they know better.

Here he is a few days ago...

Ric
Previous TOTM Winner
Previous TOTM Winner
Has liked: 4280 times
Been liked: 1898 times

It does look like an injury, though. Maybe scratched on some lava rock? As @stechappo said, keep an eye on it and melafix is usually recommended to help with healing.
Last Triumph

Thanks, it's more closed today (not fully) and he seems happy enough and has eaten some lunch, so hopefully just a passing event.

Lip lock does seem likely, but I'd be expecting his opponent to be in far worse condition, and they're all swimming round with that 'wasn't me' look on their faces.