David Tank Logs

A place to keep us informed of the goings on in your tanks. - Tank Logs.
Afterburned
Has liked: 32 times
Been liked: 50 times

Loved reading the tank logs here Drifty, quite similar to what I'm doing (in terms of stocking) with my 60l, will learn from your experience with Platys and Corys. Not sure I'll follow with the CO2 but keep showing the updates as it gives me an idea of what will be coming next!!
Marina Vue 60l, EHEIM pickup 160
Java Fern, Java Moss, Echinodorus midifleur, Loads of Vallis, Frogbit?
3 red cherry, 3 fire red & 6 amano shrimp.
Guppys (1m 3f adult and many fry of different sizes!)
2 Dwarf Banjo Cats
Drifty
Posting Legend
Has liked: 2117 times
Been liked: 761 times

This week...
I forgotten to top up the nitrate so my frog bits are a bit sorry...
Only water changed this week...
Speedy the nirite snail is missing...
And every one else looks happy... (touch wood)
What you think about the air stone where I put it... Good or Bad?
Create Not Hate
plankton
Super Mod
Super Mod
Has liked: 5051 times
Been liked: 3423 times

Not sure - won't it dissipate the CO2 too quickly?
Gingerlove05
Forum Guru
Forum Guru
Has liked: 5443 times
Been liked: 2668 times

I think you might be right Ian, as oxygen exchange is generally to prevent too much co2 build up in the water so it might cause the co2 to dissipate faster.
To the tune of “the saints go marching in”:
Oh fluffy sheep! Oh fluffy sheep! Oh fluffy sheep are wonderful, they’re white Welsh and fluffy! Oh fluffy sheep are wonderful!
Drifty
Posting Legend

So Think I should move it back to the front? or turn it off completely?
Create Not Hate
codheadjohn
Has liked: 62 times
Been liked: 126 times

:$ w
Gingerlove05 wrote: Sat Feb 13, 2021 10:36 am I think you might be right Ian, as oxygen exchange is generally to prevent too much co2 build up in the water so it might cause the co2 to dissipate faster.
I thought it's because not enough oxygen is dissolved in the water. Not the same thing although easy to confuse the two. Without surface agitation the dissolved gasses are lost.

I guess putting it near to the co2 diffuser will cause more co2 to be lost than if they're far apart. But you don't have any other surface movement, so need it somewhere
Drifty
Posting Legend

ok Cool I know where I'm going to put it... At the front at the far side away from the co2 the problem is it a bit of eye sore
Create Not Hate
Drifty
Posting Legend

Video after
He just wouldn't stay still
Create Not Hate
Staffylover
TOTM Winner
TOTM Winner
Has liked: 2268 times
Been liked: 1928 times

Hi Drifty, for the suction cup could you not just turn it onto the side glass in the same corner? The bubble stream would be in the same place but the ugly suction cup would be on the side glass, or do you view tank from side as well? in which case I can only suggest trying a black cup that wont stand out so much, or hiding the bubbler inside a hollow log or similar, also livebearers really aren't my thing but I have to say that black Platy with the orange nose and yellow eyes that is on the picture before video starts is one stunning fish :cool:
500l - Africa river - https://www.aquariumforums.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=6873
2x200l - https://www.aquariumforums.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=7790
Others - https://www.aquariumforums.co.uk/viewto ... =15&t=7411
230L 6ft - Shallow stream
Roma 125l - Holding fish
Qubiq 60 - Dwarf Spotted Danio
40l/25L - Black- bellied Limia/Pygmy Sunfish
Drifty
Posting Legend

Staffylover wrote: Sun Feb 14, 2021 18:41 pm Hi Drifty, for the suction cup could you not just turn it onto the side glass in the same corner? The bubble stream would be in the same place but the ugly suction cup would be on the side glass, or do you view tank from side as well? in which case I can only suggest trying a black cup that wont stand out so much, or hiding the bubbler inside a hollow log or similar, also livebearers really aren't my thing but I have to say that black Platy with the orange nose and yellow eyes that is on the picture before video starts is one stunning fish :cool:
Thanks for feedback @Staffylover I moved it again this time I put it down the back and back up about 1/4 away from the back and bottom so it kind of floating and I got to say not only does it keep it hidden but it so quite to what it was stuck to the glass... so my tip today on airstone keep it away from anything and if you can... float it.
The platy are good looking "yellow face" as I call him is a male platy... I think I kind of have the tank almost just right...
Create Not Hate