Stephen
Guru Multi TOTM Winner
Guru Multi TOTM Winner
Has liked: 1415 times
Been liked: 3407 times

[quote=robbo81]

Hi. I’m in Warrington Cheshire

[/quote]

According to United Utilities your water is very soft at approx. 1.3dGH (German hardness) with an average pH value of pH7.26.

Hope it helps
Stephen
425L SeaBray Elite aquarium - Rio Mamoré (Bolivia) theme
4 x Cupid Cichlids, 14 x Cory caudimaculatus, 13 x Cory sterbai 52 x Reed Tetra, 4 x Honeycomb Bristlenose (L519)

Powered by EHEIM
robbo81
Has liked: 66 times
Been liked: 28 times

[quote="Stephen" pid='35917' dateline='1568802745']
[quote=robbo81]

Hi. I’m in Warrington Cheshire

[/quote]

According to United Utilities your water is very soft at approx. 1.3dGH (German hardness) with an average pH value of pH7.26.

Hope it helps
Stephen
[/quote]

Is this not ideal for corys ??
Is there anything I need to do ?
Many thanks for looking this up for me
Rob

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Stephen
Guru Multi TOTM Winner
Guru Multi TOTM Winner

It is perfect for cory as they are a soft water species. ;)
4 x Cupid Cichlids, 14 x Cory caudimaculatus, 13 x Cory sterbai 52 x Reed Tetra, 4 x Honeycomb Bristlenose (L519)

Powered by EHEIM
Stephen
Guru Multi TOTM Winner
Guru Multi TOTM Winner

As previously mentioned the aloe in your conditioner does not help.
I would not treat the water as I personally do not think this is an issue, as previously mentioned it seems that only the Sterbai cory do this.
Change the conditioner back to the Seachem Prime, it's also cheaper in the long run.

All the best
Stephen

Powered by EHEIM
robbo81
Has liked: 66 times
Been liked: 28 times

[quote="Stephen" pid='35929' dateline='1568805401']
I would not treat the water as I personally do not think this is an issue, as previously mentioned it seems that only the Sterbai cory do this.
Change the conditioner back to the Seachem Prime, it's also cheaper in the long run.

All the best
Stephen
[/quote]

Many thanks. Hate to see any of the fish in ill health. I shall switch to a different conditioner and see how we get on
Thanks so much

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Stephen
Guru Multi TOTM Winner
Guru Multi TOTM Winner

[quote=robbo81]
[quote=Stephen]

All the best
Stephen
[/quote]

Many thanks. Hate to see any of the fish in ill health. I shall switch to a different conditioner and see how we get on
Thanks so much 
[/quote]

I do not think it is "ill health" just something that sterbai cory do and may be a natural reaction to the aloe in the conditioner (they don't like it).
When I had the same foggy mucus with my original sterbai a few years ago I think I removed the sterbai and placed it in a bowl with some tank water (just a few inches deep) and a little Melafix from where I very gently wiped the mucus off with a damp cloth (soaked in the bowl), working with gentle strokes in one direction from the head towards the tail.
I let the sterbai relax in the bowl of tank water (+ Melafix) for a short while before returning it to the main tank.
(I may of half dosed the tank with Melafix as well but can't really remember, if I did then I only done one dose).
The sterbai as with other cory, do have a very stiff and sharp pectoral fins (I know from experience), so be careful if you take this approach.
I do not suggest you do the same but if you are confident enough and gentle enough it may work.