BN With red fin tip

max1zzz
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 30 times

Hi,
I just noticed one of my BN's has a little bit of reddening on the tip of one of her fins
I'm a little concerned for a couple of reason's, I have lost a couple of my bronze corys recently and haven't been able to figure out why (Water parameters check out fine, and they had no previous signs of illness) but also because the tank she is in is going to be replaced very soon (next weekend if all goes to plan and the shop can get the tank form the supplier) as it has sprung a leak right at the bottom of the tank and I am a little worried about stressing her during the move if she is injured

Any advice would be appreciated

Martinspuddle
Forum Jester & TOTM Winner
Forum Jester & TOTM Winner
Has liked: 4244 times
Been liked: 3908 times

Have you got anything in there that's sharp, like lava rock or some other rock?

In the meantime a dose of API Melafix wouldn't go a miss. :]
WARNING - DO NOT BREED, FEED OR PET THE PUDDLE! :dodgy2:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
:swim2: :swim2: :swim2: :swim2: :swim2: :woo: :swim2: :swim2: :swim2:
plankton
Super Mod
Super Mod
Has liked: 5048 times
Been liked: 3422 times

It is something that the BNs with the morphed long finnage tend to suffer from if there is something sharp in there, or if you have males and females together, the males can be quite rough during spawning.
Fishtales
Posting Legend
Has liked: 1064 times
Been liked: 471 times

That does look sore :(

Beautiful pleco though :)
Fishkeeping - 4yrs

Aqua One 405lt 5ft tank - Sailfin pleco, Rainbow shark, albino/bronze cory x 11, 7 x Clown Loach
Filtration 2 x Aqua One Aquis 1050 externals, 1 x Ocellaris 850 external

Juwel 120lt 2ft - 12 x Cherry Barb, 10 x Panda Cory, 1 x Albino Bristlenose Pleco
Filtration Fluval 205
max1zzz
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 30 times

Thanks for the replys guys
There isn't anything especially sharp in there the only thing I can think is that there is one bit of bogwood in there with slightly pointy bits on it which is on of her favourite places to hide, I'll probably swap that for another bit when i swap the tanks over just to be safe. There aren't any males in the tank, there is another female in there but neither of them have ever shown an aggression to each other

I have dosed the tank with Melefix and will continue to keep a eye on her