Red Honey Gourami

Betta's, Gouramis etc
Sixo

Red Honey Gourami

Post by Sixo »

Seen these advertised as Red Honey Gourami in a LFS extremely vibrant but wasn't sure about them with then being colour morphs, anybody had them before? Do they stay that colour or do they fade?

Gingerlove05
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: Red Honey Gourami

Post by Gingerlove05 »

The reds are normally a cross breed I believe between honeys and dwarfs. We had a couple a while back, not as vibrant red as that. Over time they became more bronzy rather than red and Aad (Doubledutch) identified them as thick lipped gourami rather than red honeys.

Sixo

Post by Sixo »

Gingerlove05 wrote:
Sat Jan 11, 2020 19:43 pm
The reds are normally a cross breed I believe between honeys and dwarfs. We had a couple a while back, not as vibrant red as that. Over time they became more bronzy rather than red and Aad (Doubledutch) identified them as thick lipped gourami rather than red honeys.
They were really eyecatching in the shop but didn't want to take them as an impulse buy. They do have a look of a fish that could fade.

Sixo

Post by Sixo »

Think I'll give them a swerve in that case.

Sixo

Post by Sixo »

Gingerlove05 wrote:
Sat Jan 11, 2020 19:43 pm
Think you're spot on about this GL. Was back in the shop earlier and while they're still very very red they don't look as vibrant as when I first saw them.