An other poorly platy

Viviparous or Live bearing fish - Mollies, Platties, Guppies
plankton
Super Mod
Super Mod
Has liked: 5030 times
Been liked: 3395 times

A little on the warm side which will speed up the metabolism.....
Tycho
Has liked: 361 times
Been liked: 156 times

I used to keep the heater switched off as it was still maintaining a temp of 22/23 ish but with winter I was worried that it would drop too low, also someone suggested increasing the temp would help encourage my shrimp to bread.

I'll have a look at changing my heater so that I can control the heating rather than just either having it on or off.
Martinspuddle
Forum Jester & TOTM Winner
Forum Jester & TOTM Winner
Has liked: 4220 times
Been liked: 3888 times

Tycho wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 13:49 pm I used to keep the heater switched off as it was still maintaining a temp of 22/23 ish but with winter I was worried that it would drop too low, also someone suggested increasing the temp would help encourage my shrimp to bread.

I'll have a look at changing my heater so that I can control the heating rather than just either having it on or off.
My heater is always set to 21°c and very rarely comes on during the day in the winter months I have seen it on when I've got back early in the morning say at 4:30. Most of the time the tank hangs around the 23°c to 24°c mark. If my wife has the heating for extra time during the day the tank has been known to go 26°c sometimes a bit more. :dodgy2:

With the very warm summer's we've been having, I wouldn't worry about about keeping the temperature up for your shrimp breeding. Just be patient wait till the summer months and like mine you will find they start breeding like mad when the weather gets warmer. During these months I tend to find my heater never comes on at all.
WARNING - DO NOT BREED, FEED OR PET THE PUDDLE! :dodgy2:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
:swim2: :swim2: :swim2: :swim2: :swim2: :woo: :swim2: :swim2: :swim2: