To shrimp or not to shrimp??

fr499y
Admin - TOTM Winner
Admin - TOTM Winner
Has liked: 1773 times
Been liked: 4164 times

bamboo's can get to a rather large size. I used to have one around 3" which i think its about the max they get to. ( possibly 4" max )
Cheltgirl
Previous TOTM Winner
Previous TOTM Winner
Has liked: 16 times
Been liked: 14 times

The red cherry shrimp will be fine in your water too but bear in mind they will breed. Lots and regularly!! The black ones will be similar to the red cherry depending on which type they are (caridina or neocaridina) will determine if they would interbreed with the reds.

Bamboo shrimp are ace and I’d love to have one but don’t have a tank suitable for them :(
500L Sooperhooge Goldfish tank :)
200L The Barbarium….Tiger barbs and a very grumpy BN plec
200L Marine Reef.....stocking in progress!
Gill
Has liked: 28 times
Been liked: 13 times

Cheltgirl wrote: The red cherry shrimp will be fine in your water too but bear in mind they will breed. Lots and regularly!! The black ones will be similar to the red cherry depending on which type they are (caridina or neocaridina) will determine if they would interbreed with the reds.

Bamboo shrimp are ace and I’d love to have one but don’t have a tank suitable for them :(
Think I’ll be sticking to Amano in my little tank then  :D
65L

5 Glowlight Tetra
7 Dwarf Neon Rainbowfish
2 Amano Shrimps
Annie
Previous TOTM Winner
Previous TOTM Winner
Has liked: 234 times
Been liked: 151 times

Amanos are to ‘go to’ shrimp, I love mine ?
Bikini Bottom - 168l Bronze, Peppered & Albino Cory, Black Widows, Cherry & Green Tiger Barb, Amanos The Kremlin - 58l  Bronze Corys
QT - 15l
Bronze Cory Fry
Netsu
Previous TOTM Winner
Previous TOTM Winner
Has liked: 157 times
Been liked: 199 times

I have a couple of Amano shrimp, I highly recommend. They’re useful and fun to watch (when you can spot them!)
Fluval 240L with 407 filter. Water 1.68 dGh. 

20 Harlequin Rasbora, 14 Rummynose Tetra, 5 Panda Corydoras, 5 Bentosi tetra and who knows how many Amano shrimp…