Si’s Pond

A place to keep us informed of the goings on in your ponds.
Mol_PMB
Has liked: 205 times
Been liked: 684 times

Looks great - an inspiration! And well done for dealing so well with the aftermath of the flooding and making it even better!
I love the pics of the fish on holiday!
Mol_PMB
Si4geckos
TOTM Winner
TOTM Winner
Has liked: 435 times
Been liked: 836 times

[quote="Mol_PMB" pid='35387' dateline='1568479419']
Looks great - an inspiration! And well done for dealing so well with the aftermath of the flooding and making it even better!
I love the pics of the fish on holiday!
[/quote]

I hope they appreciated the guttering waterslide!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Si4geckos
TOTM Winner
TOTM Winner

[quote="jacksdad" pid='35368' dateline='1568459433']
I'd love a pond...and a garden! Looks great, reminds of my mate who had a huge garden, he decided on a pond, he got a bit carried away as its 8 feet deep in the centre...got some huge Koi though
[/quote]

I wanted mine a full meter deep, but hit the water table at about 85cm so started back-filling quickly! Nearly filled the pond up before the liner got anywhere near! 8ft is pretty mad.

Fishnerd

I’ve lurked here for a while but have to post and say this pond is my absolute dream garden. Amazing work, definately jealous. Watched the video - pond, hot tub, pristine garden (and girlfriends YouTube name suggests she’s a vet?) - what more could you need?
Si4geckos
TOTM Winner
TOTM Winner

[quote="Fishnerd" pid='35585' dateline='1568577445']
I’ve lurked here for a while but have to post and say this pond is my absolute dream garden. Amazing work, definately jealous. Watched the video - pond, hot tub, pristine garden (and girlfriends YouTube name suggests she’s a vet?) - what more could you need?
[/quote]

Very nice of you to say. To say the garden before was essentially a written-off meadow (the earliest pictures were after I’d spent about 2 days hacking through it) we’re really happy with it now. Yup, me and the vet sit in the hot tub over looking the pond in the evenings. We do feel like we’re living the dream. Very lucky. It was surprisingly cheap to do the pond (about £250 including liner, filter, fish and plants). Totally transformed the sitting/ outside space. Just get a spade, a barrow and a mate (girlfriends dad) and get digging. :)

Jen1981
Posting Legend
Has liked: 86 times
Been liked: 90 times

They’ll need to start a pond of the month next to totm haha!!
150l
Apistogramma Hongsloi (Basil & Bertha), Ember Tetras, Sulawesi & Nerite snail, Pygmy Cory & fry (C Hastatus), Oto’s, emerald eyes, 2 Honey Gouramis (Sam & Dean), Ghost Shrimp & not forgetting the 3 orphaned mosquito raspboras
40l
Betta Splendens (Kung Fu Bob), Nerite snail, Salt & Pepper Pygmy Cory
100l (I think.....)
2 Fancy Goldfish (2 Ronnie’s) & their 2 snail friends, Woody & Buzz
Si4geckos
TOTM Winner
TOTM Winner

Got rudely awoken earlier this week by the missus shouting at me! "There's a heron in the garden!!"

She'd opened the window and scared it away, but within an hour I was up, dressed and stood precariously in the waterfall fitting a net over the pond. The pond is now covered. The tall reeds have suffered a bit due to the netting crushing them, but as long as the fish are safe, that's my concern.

Sadly one fish, 'Pearl' the big fat white/ pearlescent one is unaccounted for. She can hide in the plants for a few days now and then and they've all slowed their movement down a lot. Maybe she's just 'hibernating' or whatever it is fish do in the cold. I've a feeling she was first on the menu.

Defences are now in place, so hopefully the rest will be safe if Mr Heron returns (not seen him since). Get those nets on people!
plankton
Super Mod
Super Mod
Has liked: 5030 times
Been liked: 3395 times

Fingers crossed for Pearl........
Annie
Previous TOTM Winner
Previous TOTM Winner
Has liked: 234 times
Been liked: 151 times

Oh heck, hope Pearl reappears soon 🤞🏻
mikeyw64
Posting Legend
Has liked: 424 times
Been liked: 1275 times

She's probably standing up by the piano...............................