Stability or StressZyme ?

Request information on fish, plants or other aquarium issues.
jacksdad
Posting Legend
Has liked: 194 times
Been liked: 272 times

Hi again, quick question:
I've ran out of Seachem Stability, but have a full 1.9 litre of API Stresszyme + that came with my ebay bargains, can I use it in place of Stability? :huh:
I use Stability for routine maintenance and it appears they both do the same thing in this role, and are both expensive!
Thanks again ::thumb::
Fluval 160, Boyu 300 'New Used Project 2' , Leddy 60l Shrimp tank
eBay stalker bargain hunter!
plankton
Super Mod
Super Mod
Has liked: 5055 times
Been liked: 3423 times

Yes. :)
I don't use anything for routine maintenance, only when adding new fish or doing a good filter clean.
jacksdad
Posting Legend
Has liked: 194 times
Been liked: 272 times

Cheers Ian :)
I add the specified amount once a month (usually 5-6 weeks by the time I read my diary notes!) .
Fluval 160, Boyu 300 'New Used Project 2' , Leddy 60l Shrimp tank
eBay stalker bargain hunter!
vpdanas
Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 24 times

jacksdad wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 7:21 am Hi again, quick question:
I've ran out of Seachem Stability, but have a full 1.9 litre of API Stresszyme + that came with my ebay bargains, can I use it in place of Stability? :huh:
I use Stability for routine maintenance and it appears they both do the same thing in this role, and are both expensive!
Thanks again ::thumb::
I used stability for a month whilst cycling but once the bottle ran out I use seachem pristine for ongoing. Feel this bacteria keeps levels spot on until next weekly water change. I use once a week with water change. Not sure how it compares to Stress Enzyme though
Stephen
Guru Multi TOTM Winner
Guru Multi TOTM Winner
Has liked: 1418 times
Been liked: 3409 times

I would imagine that API Stresszyme acts in a similar way as Seachem Pristine.
Seachem Pristine and Seachem Stability are different products.
Seachem wrote:Pristine uses bio-augmentation, a non-chemical and natural method, to improve water quality. It contains different strains of bacteria that have a high affinity for larger proteins such as sludge buildup on substrate, waterfalls, rocks, etc. It also helps rid your tank of the oil slick on the surface of the water, typically a result of overfeeding.
I would therefore also think that API Stresszyme is different (and uses different beneficial bacteria) to that of Seachem Stability.

I use Seachem Stability after filter maintenance or when adding additional fish to replenish or increase the beneficial bacteria and help prevent a mini spike.
These beneficial bacteria are of the same strain that are employed to deal with the nitrogen cycle (ammonia>nitrite>nitrate).
jacksdad wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 7:21 am I've ran out of Seachem Stability, but have a full 1.9 litre of API Stresszyme + that came with my ebay bargains, can I use it in place of Stability?
The bacteria in Seachem Pristine, and likely also in API Stresszyme are different and therefore serve a different purpose.
Based on the information provided API Stresszyme can not be used in place of Seachem Stability.
Seachem wrote:The bacteria species in Pristine thrive in fresh or salt water and can utilize a wide range of organic compounds, including fats that can cause unsightly films. Unlike traditional nitrifying bacteria, this bacterial blend can adapt to harsh or low oxygen environments and continue to multiply and improve water conditions. Biopolymers produced by established bacterial colonies trap particulates and increase water clarity.
Hope it helps
425L SeaBray Elite aquarium - Rio Mamoré (Bolivia) theme
4 x Cupid Cichlids, 14 x Cory caudimaculatus, 12 x Cory sterbai 51 x Reed Tetra, 4 x Honeycomb Bristlenose (L519)