Welcome back, why not.

Tell us a bit about yourself!
Si4geckos
TOTM Winner
TOTM Winner
Has liked: 438 times
Been liked: 844 times

Welcome back.

Unexpected (and effort free) fry are the best. Look forward to the piccies of all your set ups. I'm hoping to get some ram fry at some point, but still wondering if breeding is a good idea as everyone seems to be doing it and I've a feeling lockdown is going to be a lengthy one and the market will be saturated by everyone breeding for boredom haha. Not sure whether breeding only what I can keep is the best thing to do. Weird times!

Hope you hang around and enjoy the forum.
KevB
Forum Guru
Forum Guru
Has liked: 37 times
Been liked: 270 times

Sorry for the late reply, welcome back to the fold. Not been posting too much myself recently so a reminder I ought to do some pics or a short video again sometime though nothing new to report at my end either.
Would be nice to get some photos of your set ups again.
hotashes
Has liked: 51 times
Been liked: 36 times

Andys temperate tank wrote: Thu Apr 16, 2020 7:48 am Hello. I'm new to the hobby.

I think we need pics of your tanks.
I will get you some in due course for sure.
plankton wrote: Thu Apr 16, 2020 8:06 am Hi Ash, long time....... :D
Yes too long, I’ve had fun on the other side of that helps ;)
Stephen wrote: Thu Apr 16, 2020 8:18 am Hi Ash, good to see you :)
Also good to hear the thorichthys ellioti are still going strong and spawning, lovely fish. ::thumb::

Stay safe & healthy everyone
Thanks my friend, trust all is well your side.
fr499y wrote: Thu Apr 16, 2020 10:11 am Hi @hotashes good to see your back :)
Yes good to be back with all these friendly folk.
Fishtales wrote: Thu Apr 16, 2020 10:34 am Hi @hotashes nice to meet you ::wave::

[quote=Martinspuddle post_id=59441 time=<a href="tel:1586986006">1586986006</a> user_id=1078]
Greetings. :]

Nice to make your acquaintance and please do not to believe a word anyone else tells you about me on this forum! :grin:
Yes you are better deciding for yourself Ash regarding @Martinspuddle As I don't think our descriptions would do US justice anyway ROFL
[/quote]Ha ha, likewise. I’ll report back on Martin :D
Si4geckos wrote: Thu Apr 16, 2020 18:34 pm Welcome back.

Unexpected (and effort free) fry are the best. Look forward to the piccies of all your set ups. I'm hoping to get some ram fry at some point, but still wondering if breeding is a good idea as everyone seems to be doing it and I've a feeling lockdown is going to be a lengthy one and the market will be saturated by everyone breeding for boredom haha. Not sure whether breeding only what I can keep is the best thing to do. Weird times!

Hope you hang around and enjoy the forum.
Yes it cheered me up seeing the fry, I’ve moved them into my sump area to get them away from predation. They’re doing well so far. Believe it or not I kept previous spawns of which these are from, so now I’m into the generations lol. I’ve let some go to those locally who’ve enquired. I’ll be around as much as I can, cheers ;)
KevB wrote: Sat Apr 18, 2020 15:18 pm Sorry for the late reply, welcome back to the fold. Not been posting too much myself recently so a reminder I ought to do some pics or a short video again sometime though nothing new to report at my end either.
Would be nice to get some photos of your set ups again.
:)
Gingerlove05 wrote: Thu Apr 16, 2020 0:25 am Welcome back Ash :)
Nice to see you and hope your well. Good to hear about the ellioti and that they’re doing well, alng with the marine still going strong :)
hotashes wrote: Wed Apr 15, 2020 22:35 pm
Martinspuddle wrote: Wed Apr 15, 2020 22:26 pm Greetings. :]

Nice to make your acquaintance and please do not to believe a word anyone else tells you about me on this forum! :grin:
Hi Martin, noted ::angel::
All i’m saying is note the banner :D
Ha ha ;)
Martinspuddle
Forum Jester & TOTM Winner
Has liked: 4247 times
Been liked: 3909 times

hotashes wrote: Sat Apr 18, 2020 23:00 pm Ha ha, likewise. I’ll report back on Martin :D
::thumb:: NEWS JUST IN... there ain't enough room on this forum to list everything about me! ::thumb::
WARNING - DO NOT BREED, FEED OR PET THE PUDDLE! :dodgy2:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
:swim2: :swim2: :swim2: :swim2: :swim2: :woo: :swim2: :swim2: :swim2:
hotashes

You’re in let’s not worry my friend ;)
If you need someone to talk with just give me a shout, I’ll be intreigued ;)
Ruth
Posting Legend
Has liked: 733 times
Been liked: 1316 times

Hiya!! Sorry - just saw you’re back! Good to see you/read you!

Now there remains a small matter of DA PIKTURS!! 😁👏👏👏
Martinspuddle
Has liked: 4247 times
Been liked: 3909 times

Ruth wrote: Sun Apr 19, 2020 6:23 am Hiya!! Sorry - just saw you’re back! Good to see you/read you!
You'll have to forgive @Ruth she has been engrossed with her new book... ''DIY for dummies'' :D

I need a bloke!!
WARNING - DO NOT BREED, FEED OR PET THE PUDDLE! :dodgy2:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
:swim2: :swim2: :swim2: :swim2: :swim2: :woo: :swim2: :swim2: :swim2:
hotashes

Ha ha yes for sure noticed, whilst you are hard at work encouraging Charlie iirc ;)
hotashes

Howdy everyone, although not posting I have been back and forth browsing so hanging around for sure. Just a quick update on the fry, I had them isolated from the main display as the other fish in there were prowling for the opportunity to gobble them up. So that left me the involvement of feeding daily which I enjoy interacting as it keeps me busy I guess. Well not only that, I guess instinct takes over and it's now my responsibility to raise the fry. So........ I had them in a breeder net, 4-5 days old at most. I wanted to move them to another spot in my sump so I could free up some space (I want to culture brine shrimp and needed the space), so I lifted the net out the water and simply placed it back in the water, 15 seconds later. Something came over me literally as I lifted them out the water that I should have just left them be, I looked into the net to mke sure they were ok and.... Nope, all but 5 instantly or moments later hadn't made the journey. I think it was due to the fact the fry were days old and exposing them to air was overwhelming for their tiny lungs and suffocated them by getting air trapped in them. I still have the five lucky enough to have made it (they must have been lucky enough get caught in the tiniest of waters during transfer). So there I was, gutted I had caused the problem, although not intentionally. I will have to name them lucky :)
Anyhow, through previous experiences I knew as they mated pair (parents) didn't turn on one another after I disturbed them initially that it possibly was only a matter of time before they would lay again.

Ruth
Posting Legend
Has liked: 733 times
Been liked: 1316 times

Awww sorry to hear that. Hope the wee dudes you have left will thrive for you!