Hello everyone and questions

Just started on your fishy adventures, ask for help in here.
Vale!
Super Mod - TOTM Winner
Super Mod - TOTM Winner
Has liked: 32 times
Been liked: 1302 times

Blodige Nora! - another one!  ;)   Welcome, GDK.

I like the rain-bar, too.   

What's the blue thing next to the thermometer in your last pic - ah! I think I've got it now - your CO2 diffuser?
LadyDay
Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 4 times

Vale! wrote: Blodige Nora! - another one!  ;)   
You're nutty  :D
plankton
Super Mod
Super Mod
Has liked: 5033 times
Been liked: 3395 times

Welcome to the forum George. :D
I don't think the shrimp are Amano, either one of the striped neocaradinas or "ghost" shrimp that have nasty pincers to catch unsuspecting other shrimp and small fish, but I can't make out whether they have the pincers or not in the pics.
If at first you don't succeed....
...get someone else to do it! :D

Enjoy your fish, shrimps and snails!
Ian
GeorgeDK
Been liked: 6 times

Thanks everyone for your replies :)

@"LadyDay" Yeah i think danes love being keyboard warriors :P
@"Vale!" yeah that is the temporary diffuser until i find time to buy one or make a better one

Last night i saw the neon tetras sleeping for the first time . Usually i go to sleep when i turn off the light around 22:00 but last night i was up late and found out that they twitch when they sleep so maybe they dream?
They turn off their colors at night , it was weird seeing them almost 100% transparent

I am thinking of doubling up on creatures , 10 more tetras , 5 shrimp and 2 catfish . Do you guys think that would be overstocked in a 54l tank ?

Also here is a picture of 2 sleeping tetras :)

Last edited by GeorgeDK on Sun Sep 15, 2019 11:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
54l planted tank - Tropico                  54l planted tank - Blackhill Crossing                    19l planted cube  
10 Neon Tetra                                          8 cherry shrimp                                             WIP
8 Corydoras Paleatus                              Blue Betta ( Mr Big )                                   
Shrimp ( no idea how many )
Lots of snails
Gingerlove05
Forum Guru
Forum Guru
Has liked: 5424 times
Been liked: 2667 times

Its funny watching fish sleep :) my OH freaked out first time she seen it as she didnt realise they slept and all our platys were just lying still on the bottom on dark morning, she panicked a little ROFL
What is your current stock and dimensions of the tank? It may help with working out stocking levels :)

LadyDay wrote:
Vale! wrote: Blodige Nora! - another one!  ;)   
You're nutty  :D
Been saying that for years! Well “mad” but you get the idea :D
To the tune of “the saints go marching in”:
Oh fluffy sheep! Oh fluffy sheep! Oh fluffy sheep are wonderful, they’re white Welsh and fluffy! Oh fluffy sheep are wonderful!
plankton
Super Mod
Super Mod

I would only have a maximum of 12 neons in a 54l tank. ;)
I would have a couple more corys though, they like groups or 5+ really. :)

Ian
Annie
Previous TOTM Winner
Previous TOTM Winner
Has liked: 234 times
Been liked: 151 times

Hello and welcome to the site, tank looking great.
Bikini Bottom - 168l Bronze, Peppered & Albino Cory, Black Widows, Cherry & Green Tiger Barb, Amanos The Kremlin - 58l  Bronze Corys
QT - 15l
Bronze Cory Fry
GeorgeDK
Been liked: 6 times

Thank you all again for the warm welcome :)

Considering all the research I've done lately i probably will stick with 12 tetras , most places say 1 per gallon is ok but considering there are other critters in there as well i really don't want to upset the balance . I want this tank to be as stable as possible so i can learn as much as possible .

The plan right now is when i outgrow this tank in a few months ill tear it apart and move everything to a 100l one so the tetra squad can keep growing and the 54 will be aquascape practice until i finish my design for it ( brace yourself this will be incredible if i can pull it off )

The design is basically a recreation of Mordor with the tower of sauron in the middle , everything adapted and to scale so of course ill have to find models and patterns , molds and probably lots of superglue , hidden filtration etc so the build will take a while .
Mordor will host a single black and red male betta :D
I know it sounds like a very ambitious build but im 90% sure i have the skill to do it .

Let me know if anyone else has done something like that , i could use some knowledge on plants and materials .
54l planted tank - Tropico                  54l planted tank - Blackhill Crossing                    19l planted cube  
10 Neon Tetra                                          8 cherry shrimp                                             WIP
8 Corydoras Paleatus                              Blue Betta ( Mr Big )                                   
Shrimp ( no idea how many )
Lots of snails
Jen1981
Posting Legend
Has liked: 86 times
Been liked: 90 times

GeorgeDK wrote: Thank you all again for the warm welcome :)

Considering all the research I've done lately i probably will stick with 12 tetras , most places say 1 per gallon is ok but considering there are other critters in there as well i really don't want to upset the balance . I want this tank to be as stable as possible so i can learn as much as possible .

The plan right now is when i outgrow this tank in a few months ill tear it apart and move everything to a 100l one so the tetra squad can keep growing and the 54 will be aquascape practice until i finish my design for it ( brace yourself this will be incredible if i can pull it off )

The design is basically a recreation of Mordor with the tower of sauron in the middle , everything adapted and to scale so of course ill have to find models and patterns , molds and probably lots of superglue , hidden filtration etc so the build will take a while .
Mordor will host a single black and red male betta :D
I know it sounds like a very ambitious build but im 90% sure i have the skill to do it .

Let me know if anyone else has done something like that , i could use some knowledge on plants and materials .
Wow I can’t wait to see that aquascape, sounds like it will be very impressive  :cool:
plankton
Super Mod
Super Mod

Looking forward to the pics of that! :D

Ian