Aggressive danios?

Just started on your fishy adventures, ask for help in here.
Robbarry

Morning all, I have a selection of small fish (tetras, guppies and corydoras about 20 in a 120l juwel lido tank. I added ten zebra danios about a week ago and they seem to have flourished. The problem is in that week I've pulled out 6 cardinal tetras and 2 guppies, all dead. The danios don't seem aggressive but ive read they're energy and speed stresses out the other fish. Could this be the reason for them dying? My levels are spot on in the tank, temp good, filters clean. It's only seemed to have happened since we added the danios. Any help/advice would be massively appreciated.
Ruth
Posting Legend
Has liked: 733 times
Been liked: 1316 times

I’ve just rehomed 12 giant danios. I had them for over a year and they were the same - just annoying to the other fish. I really would be surprised tho if they were being aggressive towards other fish. Mine were more akin to annoying and hyper spaniel puppies. I kept mine with cardinals and other fish which just got out of their way! I’m not sure about stress killing them tho. Sorry not much help but my tuppence worth anyhow!!
plankton
Super Mod
Super Mod
Has liked: 5030 times
Been liked: 3395 times

I always suggest at least a 3' tank for danios because of their speed.
The Lido will be too small for them with others unfortunately as it's only 2'.
Suse
Forum Guru
Forum Guru
Has liked: 500 times
Been liked: 440 times

I had to re-home my leopard danios as my other fish were cowering at the bottom :( No one died though. Maybe stress, but could they / the shop tank water have brought something in?
Jon_D
Posting Legend
Has liked: 657 times
Been liked: 774 times

My 4 Zebra Danios, wait until the Neon Tetas form into a shoal, then dive-bomb them from above. As soon as my 40 gallon tank is complete, then in they go!
Robbarry

Thanks for the replies. I was worried about the tank length as mine's more of a cube. I think I'll rehome them. Thanks for all of the advice.