Stocking suggestions for 54L

Just started on your fishy adventures, ask for help in here.
Zebra Fish

Re: Stocking suggestions for 54L

Post by Zebra Fish »

Spoke to LFS. He's mentioned these. How stunning!! Think that's the answer for me Tanichthys micagemmae or the Vietnamese Cardinal/ Royal cloud mountain minnow ect ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜

plankton
Super Mod
Super Mod

Post by plankton »

They are very nice. :)

Martinspuddle
Posting Freak

Post by Martinspuddle »

Zebra Fish wrote: โ†‘
Tue Jan 07, 2020 20:02 pm
Spoke to LFS. He's mentioned these. How stunning!! Think that's the answer for me Tanichthys micagemmae or the Vietnamese Cardinal/ Royal cloud mountain minnow ect ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜
May I just point out to you, that these little fellows are very like their Chinese cousins the White Cloud Mountain Minnow - Tanichthys albonubes and do prefer a cooler life for longevity. Temperatures 65 โ€“ 74 ยฐF

When I kept White Clouds, I used to keep the heater at 70 ยฐF so it wouldn't drop much lower over the winter months, and they do appreciate a degree of water movement too. Males are stunning when they display at each other, always active and if you breed them (they are super easy to spawn) you'll make your original investment back and more. All in all a super little fish!

Rachel O'Leary done a 'Species spotlight' on them.

Free N class Endlers: Link here
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I have come to the conclusion over the years that all fish have a serious drink problem! :grin:

Zebra Fish

Post by Zebra Fish »

Thanks for the heads up. Tank mates will be flexible to their preferences. I'm hoping upgrade my filter for a stronger flow/a newer one. The current one has the strength for a bit of flow atm.

Lfs is getting them on Friday and I'm going to pose to him setting up a system if I'm successful with breeding of bringing the young to him. Also looking at hairgrass and some floating plants for young to hide in :) getting carried away last night looking into how to feed fry ๐Ÿ˜…

Martinspuddle
Posting Freak

Post by Martinspuddle »

Zebra Fish wrote: โ†‘
Wed Jan 08, 2020 18:43 pm
getting carried away last night looking into how to feed fry
Newly hatched Brine Shrimp, Infusoria, Vinegar worms or Walter worms.

Mark's Aquatics has two videos on breeding White Clouds, same principle.

Free N class Endlers: Link here
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I have come to the conclusion over the years that all fish have a serious drink problem! :grin:

Zebra Fish

Post by Zebra Fish »

I've already watched that ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚ dont think I'll be popular if i have my own infusoria set up.

Would frozen brine shrimp do? (Obviously defrosted first)