60L stocking ideas (all help and advice welcome)

Just started on your fishy adventures, ask for help in here.
Ric
Previous TOTM Winner
Previous TOTM Winner
Has liked: 4280 times
Been liked: 1898 times

Nice looking tank and love it that you've gone for real plants. Some people are scared of using live plants for some reason.

Also serpae tetras are notorious fin nippers so would harass your honey gourami or any fish with longer flowing fins.
Baldwin
Previous TOTM Winner
Previous TOTM Winner
Has liked: 116 times
Been liked: 115 times

Thanks Ric! I’ve got some Elodea on the way too, but that’s it, no more. I need to save some room for the fish!
268L:

100L: 14 x Rummy Nose Tetra; 14 x Ember Tetra; 6 x Sterbai Cory;

60L:
Annie
Previous TOTM Winner
Previous TOTM Winner
Has liked: 234 times
Been liked: 151 times

Hello and welcome to the site, your tank set up is very smart indeed, love the plants growing out of the top !
Recommend ‘Seriously Fish’ site mentioned above too, helps when researching the right fish for your water parameters.
Also good to check on stocking levels for your tank, try AqAdvisor.com, enter all the relevant details and then the fish you intend to add, it can find them from the common name. Once all entered it will tell you any issues, such as low filtration, stock too high or any mismatch of fish (gentle v aggressive) most like to stock around 85% or so.
Good luck, exciting times, and keep us posted ;)
Baldwin
Previous TOTM Winner
Previous TOTM Winner

Thanks Annie! I'm good to go according to AQAdvisor (though I may just start with Gourami). Probably wise, eh?

268L:

60L:
Annie
Previous TOTM Winner
Previous TOTM Winner

Oh that looks great 👍🏼 Would love a nerite snail but we have two assassins that we have had to split as the buggas are breeding 😛 so no free safe space !!
Jon_D
Posting Legend
Has liked: 657 times
Been liked: 774 times

I also started with a small tank, 60l, (10 gallons). the first I bought, and still have the 10 Neon Tetras. Beautiful shoaling fish who give me no problems. The suggested, 2-4 Cherry Shrimp, 1 x Black Helmet Nerite Snail. Regarding these two suggestions, the shrimp are so small they will be barely visible, and the Nerite snail will serve no useful purpose. I bought 5 and now I wonder why! I also added to that tank 5 boy Guppies, who add yet more colour to it, and are lively little things. May I also suggest 2 or 3 Corydora; these are a little bigger than the Guppies and can be the "cleaning crew" snuffling up the debris from the bottom of the tank. My 5 have been doing a fine job for the past 4 months. All the fish I mentioned are lively and thriving even after being transferred in an emmergency operation when the 10 gallon tank sprang a leak.
Gingerlove05
Forum Guru
Forum Guru
Has liked: 5446 times
Been liked: 2668 times

Corys prefer being in groups of 5/6 or more normally as they’re gregarious, they also arent a clean up crew as they require a high protein diet ;)
Annie
Previous TOTM Winner
Previous TOTM Winner

Yes they are much better in big groups, I have 15 Bronze in one tank and 10 in another, thanks to a naughty couple deciding to get some egg laying going on 🤪
Baldwin
Previous TOTM Winner
Previous TOTM Winner

Has anyone had success using Panacur as a treatment for planaria? I have scattered my first dose and it looks like it’s snowing in there – thank goodness I don’t have any livestock.
268L:

60L:
Jon_D
Posting Legend
Has liked: 657 times
Been liked: 774 times

"Corys prefer being in groups of 5/6 or more normally as they’re gregarious" I thought that more than 3 would be too many for the 60l tank.