Filter recommendation

Just started on your fishy adventures, ask for help in here.
ThePizzaMan
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 13 times

Hey folks, I have a Juwel Rio 350 on it's way. It's a 350 litre tank but I FULLY intend on removing the internal filter and using an external solution. Easier to maintain, more room inside the tank itself, better aesthetics and likely easier to get a better quality of water.

I had my eye on the Fluval FX4 but it is YUGE. However, that said, the filtration circulation on that bad boy is around 1700l/h which equates to 4.85 times the volume of water in the tank per hour. I'd probably have to use a spray bar to dissipate the power of the pump and stop everything being blown down the opposite end of the tank.

A less unweildly solution would be something closer to the size of a Fluval 407 but this canister will only provide 930l of filter circulation - equationg to a measly 2.65 x tank volume per hour.

Could any body drop me some recommendations, hints or tips here? Ideally I'd prefer an all-in-one solution but I understand that 350l isn't an inconsequential amount of water so if two smaller filters are indeed the "best" solution then sobeit. :huh: :)
Stephen
Guru Multi TOTM Winner
Guru Multi TOTM Winner
Has liked: 1418 times
Been liked: 3409 times

425L SeaBray Elite aquarium - Rio Mamoré (Bolivia) theme
4 x Cupid Cichlids, 14 x Cory caudimaculatus, 12 x Cory sterbai 51 x Reed Tetra, 4 x Honeycomb Bristlenose (L519)