Bronze Corydoras in with Betta

Just started on your fishy adventures, ask for help in here.
PaulVerrall
Previous TOTM Winner
Previous TOTM Winner
Has liked: 869 times
Been liked: 1273 times

So I have put the fist fish in my new fully cycled aquarium.

I put my Betta in there that was in a Biorb, I have also put 5 bronze corydoras and 1 larger Hognose catfish.

The 5 corydoras are flying about playing follow the leader etc, chasing and banging into each other. Is that just playing? It doesn't look like fighting to me.

Also they look like they are trying to induct my Betta into their gang by swimming around him etc, again doesn't look aggressive, is it just fun? My Betta looks like he has a new lease of life being in there, very active, not sure if he likes it or not though?
Gingerlove05
Forum Guru
Forum Guru
Has liked: 5424 times
Been liked: 2667 times

Corys are nuts at the best of times :) they will shoal about around one another. And they shouldnt harm the betta, i would be more worried the other way round :)
PaulVerrall
Previous TOTM Winner
Previous TOTM Winner

It's a barrel of monkeys in there at the moment lol the Cory's are brilliant.

My Betta doesn't look aggressive towards them, more like a grumpy grandad with grandkids bothering him!!
plankton
Super Mod
Super Mod
Has liked: 5030 times
Been liked: 3395 times

Just keep your eye on them. The betta may get grumpy enough to start nipping the corys' fins.
Mine did, even with rabauti corys who are about the same size as aeneus (bronze).
PaulVerrall
Previous TOTM Winner
Previous TOTM Winner

plankton wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 8:21 am Just keep your eye on them. The betta may get grumpy enough to start nipping the corys' fins.
Mine did, even with rabauti corys who are about the same size as aeneus (bronze).
Yeah will do thanks, I have to say it's livened my Betta up, he's swimming about all day now. Might be that it's a bit warmer in the new tank for him though.

Quite funny he has come face to face with the big Hognose catfish a couple times, he puffs out all
his fins etc then thinks better of it and turns and swims away, the big catfish pays no attention whatsoever!