Do I wash my aquarium soil?

Just started on your fishy adventures, ask for help in here.
Elecboss

hi all new to the hobby late last year.
I am setting up a new tank to replace the one I am successfully running . I really like having plants and I have bought some natural color aquatic soil, its from allpondsolutions.
As I have had disasters with substrate before, my question is, do I wash this lightly before adding it and do I not put anything on top of it?
Anybody use it?
is it ok for cleaning with a vac etc?
I am intending creating an arc with this going across my 240L tank with the arc filled in at the front by some salmon colour coral sand I got to create interest
so I hope to create an arc of plants across the back thinning in the middle and have some bog wood at the front on the sand
fr499y
Admin - TOTM Winner
Admin - TOTM Winner
Has liked: 1787 times
Been liked: 4206 times

Tropica stuff I'm guessing? If so, it will leach ammonia for a few weeks ( 4 weeks i think they state )

If you are using the same filter, then keep an eye on the levels and do a water change the minute you detect any ammonia showing. In theory a cycled filter should consume any ammonia the soil will leach, but still keep an eye on it.

No need to wash it :)
Elecboss

thanks for that, it maybe similar but its this
https://www.allpondsolutions.co.uk/red-2-4mm-5-60kg/
if that works?
I am moving house and hoping to set up my new to me larger tank ready for the fish, i will only have a week, but there is no other option really. I will use media, plants and rocks etc from my existing tank, so its not going to be a completely new tank and contents. I had even thought of using some gravel but have the soil and coral sand.
oh and 2 hidaways to go in that are mature.
fr499y
Admin - TOTM Winner
Admin - TOTM Winner
Has liked: 1787 times
Been liked: 4206 times

filter media ( keep it wet during the move ) will contain most of the bacteria. Rocks and gravel will contain some but not much ( unless its a very porous rock! )