BennyRick’s “Learner” 160L

A place to keep us informed of the goings on in your tanks. - Tank Logs.
BennyRick
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 27 times

Pleco Fan wrote: Sun Sep 11, 2022 14:40 pm I like your tank but don't buy any more alternanthera, the red plant, chances are they won't live long without Co2 the dwarf hairgrass looks nice but it is a very slow grower a fast growing plant that is easy to grow like hygrophila will grow well without Co2.
The alternanthera has actually grown really well despite looking “holey” that’s how I’ve ended up with so much.

There’s some limbophila sessiphlora that is growing super fast, the water sprite some looks super healthy and some is struggling, and the vallisneria is also spreading super well despite having some mild white algae on it.

But yeah, all the grass is growing super slow (the longer stuff actually looks a bit unhealthy), and the moss also isn’t spreading as fast as I thought it would
BennyRick
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 27 times

The sessiphlora you can’t see so well as I just cut it, but it’s spreading really well as it keeps growing then I cut and replant it.
Lee_k
TOTM Winner
TOTM Winner
Has liked: 330 times
Been liked: 676 times

Yeah Limnophila is a great plant for non co2 fast growth.

My water is also quite hard so plants don't thrive like they would in softer water
I keep thinking about a slight ro mix to reduce my hardness
Bicher Congo Biotope Tank Log
Discus Tank Tank Log
Musk Turtle Tank Tank Log

Mbuna TankTank Log - Shut down
Turtle Falls tankTank Log - Shut down
Betta Tank 58l - Shut down