Are EI ferts shrimp safe?

BigBen
Previous TOTM Winner
Previous TOTM Winner
Has liked: 696 times
Been liked: 1686 times

As above. Bought a mix of cherry shrimp and just wondered if it would cause an issue? Google suggests its ok, just wondering if anyone else has proven it safe?
Instagram - @the.cornish.fishkeeper
plankton
Super Mod
Super Mod
Has liked: 5064 times
Been liked: 3426 times

They should be fine.
The thing you have to be careful with (with inverts) is copper, and even then it's not all copper compounds that are toxic (like the stuff they put in fish food).
If at first you don't succeed....
...get someone else to do it! :D

Enjoy your fish, shrimps and snails!
Ian
LookoutTrout
TOTM Winner
TOTM Winner
Has liked: 216 times
Been liked: 337 times

Be careful with the amount of nitrate you add, plants like it a lot more than shrimp.
I have nitrate in a separate bottle, each week I measure it just before a water change and turn the doser up or down to try and keep it around 20ppm.
BigBen
Previous TOTM Winner
Previous TOTM Winner
Has liked: 696 times
Been liked: 1686 times

LookoutTrout wrote: Sun Feb 12, 2023 15:37 pm Be careful with the amount of nitrate you add, plants like it a lot more than shrimp.
I have nitrate in a separate bottle, each week I measure it just before a water change and turn the doser up or down to try and keep it around 20ppm.
That's what my reading said too. I'm only half dosing with the EI ferts so hopefully it will be fine. I'll keep an eye on the nitrates over the coming weeks.

Thanks both!
Instagram - @the.cornish.fishkeeper
Martinspuddle
Forum Jester & TOTM Winner
Forum Jester & TOTM Winner
Has liked: 4253 times
Been liked: 3917 times

Never had any issue with Shrimp (of any species) using Estimative Index or any other type of dosing with regular water changes.
WARNING - DO NOT BREED, FEED OR PET THE PUDDLE! :dodgy2:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
:swim2: :swim2: :swim2: :swim2: :swim2: :woo: :swim2: :swim2: :swim2: