Another new one for me...

Feel free to talk about anything and everything in this board.
Forum suggestion always welcome. All things non-fishy related.
BigBen
Previous TOTM Winner
Previous TOTM Winner
Has liked: 696 times
Been liked: 1686 times

I seen an advert on FB from some lady looking to re-home her fish, so I messaged her and said I'd take the lemon tetras and panda Corys. She replied and said all the fish need to go together as they are friends(!!!!). The other fish are, two auratus, two yellow labs, a common pleco and a gibbiceps. The tank looks like a Roma 90.

You have to wonder where they buy these fish mixes, I'll guess pets at home. I said they should be separated and she thought I was tricking her to get the couple I wanted 🤦
Instagram - @the.cornish.fishkeeper
Stephen
Guru Multi TOTM Winner
Guru Multi TOTM Winner
Has liked: 1422 times
Been liked: 3421 times

Some of the people on FB do not have a clue and incompatibly of fish species is quite common.
Friends indeed ???
425L SeaBray Elite aquarium - Rio Mamoré (Bolivia) theme
4 x Cupid Cichlids, 13 x Cory caudimaculatus, 10 x Cory sterbai 49 x Reed Tetra, 4 x Honeycomb Bristlenose (L519)

Powered by EHEIM
plankton
Super Mod
Super Mod
Has liked: 5086 times
Been liked: 3435 times

D'oh! ;)
If at first you don't succeed....
...get someone else to do it! :D

Enjoy your fish, shrimps and snails!
Ian
Martinspuddle
Forum Jester & TOTM Winner
Forum Jester & TOTM Winner
Has liked: 4275 times
Been liked: 3923 times

Many moons ago I once saw on a corner shop window, a for sale card of someone who was trying to sell a 'large tropical fish'

A picture was displayed below showing what looked to be a very unclean 24" by 12" Clearseal aquarium housing a few Guppies, Platies, possibly a Black Widow Tetra plus four inch long Jack Dempsey Cichlid!

Over the years I, and I've no doubt some other members here seen some and heard of quite a few worrying combinations, kept together in unsuitable accommodation.
WARNING - DO NOT BREED, FEED OR PET THE PUDDLE! :dodgy2:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
:swim2: :swim2: :swim2: :swim2: :swim2: :woo: :swim2: :swim2: :swim2:
fr499y
Admin - TOTM Winner
Admin - TOTM Winner
Has liked: 1797 times
Been liked: 4265 times

Someone tried to buy ‘nemos’ for their kid to go in their cold water tank with goldfish… then couldn’t understand why table salt would a) kill the fish and b) not work as a replacement for the over priced marine salt….

Let’s just say after not listening and starting to have a go at the staff member for ‘upsetting their child by not letting them buy the fish’ they wondered why they were swiftly told to do one 😂
LookoutTrout
TOTM Winner
TOTM Winner
Has liked: 216 times
Been liked: 337 times

Martinspuddle wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 17:14 pm Many moons ago I once saw on a corner shop window, a for sale card of someone who was trying to sell a 'large tropical fish'

A picture was displayed below showing what looked to be a very unclean 24" by 12" Clearseal aquarium housing a few Guppies, Platies, possibly a Black Widow Tetra plus four inch long Jack Dempsey Cichlid!

Over the years I, and I've no doubt some other members here seen some and heard of quite a few worrying combinations, kept together in unsuitable accommodation.
We rehomed a bearded dragon about a year ago, they also had one of those 2' tanks with silver dollars, angels, clown loaches, several smaller fish and I think red tail sharks. They were all still quite small and it looked very crowded even then.