Fr499y's previous setups

Post your previous aquariums and fish here.
fr499y
Admin - TOTM Winner
Admin - TOTM Winner
Has liked: 1793 times
Been liked: 4253 times

I came across a few pictures from a good 7+ years ago of one of my 'monster' fish setups.
Pleco was a good 12" in side, Oscars nearly fully grown at 8" ish, same for the pike cichlid and the snakehead.

IIRC it was a juwel rio 350 and was nowhere big enough for the fish. I kept the oscars from babies at about an inch and it only took about 6 months till they got to this size. I was planning on upgrading to a 6ft for the pair but plans changed so they went to a mate of mine with a shop and 8ft display tanks. He actually emptied one of them purely to display and breed these two, just to show people their true potential size.
fr499y
Admin - TOTM Winner
Admin - TOTM Winner

Then we have this one, circa 2013. This ended up in said shop as a display for a while as we moved and the house needed a lot of work. A low tech setup too using t5 lighting :)

It was complete chaos before that scape, Very green though!

Also back when Rams were a bit more sturdy!
BigBen
Previous TOTM Winner
Previous TOTM Winner
Has liked: 696 times
Been liked: 1686 times

That's a beast of a tiger lotus. I was thinking about getting a few for my angel tank, I have one at the moment.

Lighting being spoken about as t5 and t8 will make us look old at some point that we know what it is 😂
Instagram - @the.cornish.fishkeeper
fr499y
Admin - TOTM Winner
Admin - TOTM Winner

Good job we don't bring metal halides into it! :rofl:
I'm going through some old pictures so I'll keep posting more of the scapes.
I'm hoping this section will give people ideas as well as insights of how thing have changed from back in the days :)