BigBens Restart.

A place to keep us informed of the goings on in your tanks. - Tank Logs.
Stephen
Guru Multi TOTM Winner
Guru Multi TOTM Winner
Has liked: 1420 times
Been liked: 3420 times

So sorry to hear you lost your big male keyhole cichlid.
I remember losing my Cupid cichlids back in 2017, I was devastated.
:(
425L SeaBray Elite aquarium - Rio Mamoré (Bolivia) theme
4 x Cupid Cichlids, 13 x Cory caudimaculatus, 11 x Cory sterbai 50 x Reed Tetra, 4 x Honeycomb Bristlenose (L519)

Powered by EHEIM
BigBen
Previous TOTM Winner
Previous TOTM Winner
Has liked: 696 times
Been liked: 1686 times

In a different tank, one of the HMF's has come alive and is growing some moss. I take it this isn't going to cause any harm? Looks quite cool I think
Instagram - @the.cornish.fishkeeper
Martinspuddle
Forum Jester & TOTM Winner
Has liked: 4263 times
Been liked: 3921 times

BigBen wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2024 11:34 am In a different tank, one of the HMF's has come alive and is growing some moss. I take it this isn't going to cause any harm? Looks quite cool I think
Nothing new growing plants in filters or pre filters.

Only issue is when the plants root system gets so dense the water flow is obstructed.
WARNING - DO NOT BREED, FEED OR PET THE PUDDLE! :dodgy2:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
:swim2: :swim2: :swim2: :swim2: :swim2: :woo: :swim2: :swim2: :swim2:
BigBen
Previous TOTM Winner
Previous TOTM Winner

Looking far more positive in Angel land today. They're looking a little better around the fins, and the red markings isn't as prominent.
Ammonia is at 0ppm and nitrite 0.25ppm. The keyholes decided that was worth celebrating.

I'm going to Fishkeeper SW tomorrow to hopefully get some new bits for it's rebuild. The cafe there is really good too 😁
BigBen
Previous TOTM Winner
Previous TOTM Winner

Bought a couple small bits. I like these under gravel caves from Superfish, will be interesting to see if any fish go in there but could be a good photo booth. My concern is stagnant water in them, but I'll see how it goes.
I bought a couple tubes for my new hardscape layout for some plecos. They looked quite dark in colour in the shop, but they're quite bright in the tank. What paints can I use that would be aquarium safe? I have some good rocks I'd like to try and match them as close as possible.
I could have spent a fortune in Fishkeeper SW today. So many really nice corys. Concolor, Virginai, Bethenae (doubtful, but nice) and the most vibrantly coloured Venezuelanus that I've seen, to name a few. They had so many corys. They also had nice discus, angels, plus lamontichthys llanero. Definitely my favourite shop visit in 15 years of having a fish tank. Covered every niche of mine. Hopefully they'll be as good when I go back next month, assuming all is well.
Staffylover
TOTM Winner
TOTM Winner
Has liked: 2282 times
Been liked: 1946 times

Glad to see things are looking up, them Maidenhead shops are never the cheapest but we have a good one not far away I think they must routinely treat the tanks as I have never had a fish from there with a disease, or seen any in the tanks, although they do get weak/thin fish sometimes same as any shop, sounds like yours had a good range of more unusual stuff that's always good to see, trying to remember what fish I bought from my local last time I went, think it was GLowlight Danio so not that unusual but it's not a big shop, I also got my black phantoms from there that are in my Pantanal tank. Hope you find something you like when you are ready :happy:
500l - Africa river - https://www.aquariumforums.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=6873
2x200l - https://www.aquariumforums.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=7790
Others - https://www.aquariumforums.co.uk/viewto ... =15&t=7411
230L 6ft - Shallow stream
Roma 125l - Holding fish
Qubiq 60 - Dwarf Spotted Danio
40l/25L - Black- bellied Limia/Pygmy Sunfish
Martinspuddle
Has liked: 4263 times
Been liked: 3921 times

BigBen wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 17:24 pm My concern is stagnant water in them, but I'll see how it goes.
Having seen video of wild Ancistrus in drift wood holes, many of which are just hole not double ended, I wouldn't worry to much.

If it was stagnant in there I don't suppose the fish would stay in there long. :]
WARNING - DO NOT BREED, FEED OR PET THE PUDDLE! :dodgy2:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
:swim2: :swim2: :swim2: :swim2: :swim2: :woo: :swim2: :swim2: :swim2:
BigBen
Previous TOTM Winner
Previous TOTM Winner

I have wrigglers... I'd like the raise a few to replace my lost fish but they're not in a good spot to catch in a couple of days time!
BigBen
Previous TOTM Winner
Previous TOTM Winner

All looking much better now. The redness has all gone for all of the angels, so I'm optimistic that I'm of out of the woods. I'm double zeros for ammonia and nitrite as well. I'll give it a couple more weeks and start stocking again and a big rescape I think. The only new issue I have is I now have two pairs of angels. A bit of lip locking going on but not a huge amount thus far. One to keep an eye on.
Unalome
TOTM Winner
TOTM Winner
Has liked: 276 times
Been liked: 222 times

Glad to hear they are on the mend! Stunning angel btw.
54L | Dark Start Tank | Tank log
250L | Rainbow Utopia Tank | Tank log