Adding tropical fish types

Just started on your fishy adventures, ask for help in here.
AQUAMAN

I now have 3 types of small tropical fish types going mad in my 100 litre tank.
Danios, Cardinal Tetra and Ember Tetra.

What other types of compatible fish may I now add? :swim2:
Martinspuddle
Forum Jester & TOTM Winner
Forum Jester & TOTM Winner
Has liked: 4252 times
Been liked: 3917 times

What your water parameters and how many fish do you already have?
WARNING - DO NOT BREED, FEED OR PET THE PUDDLE! :dodgy2:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
:swim2: :swim2: :swim2: :swim2: :swim2: :woo: :swim2: :swim2: :swim2:
VikingMummy2015
TOTM Winner
TOTM Winner
Has liked: 860 times
Been liked: 1827 times

We like photos…and water parameters, filter info, water temperature etc.
The best fish are ones that suit your natural water, the temperature of your water and the size of your tank. In a 100L tank I’d be sticking to no more than 3 species of schooling fish and a feature fish or a group of fish that stick around the bottom of the tank so it’s not all action at just one level.
240L Fluval Roma with Oase 600 Biomaster: 1 German red bristlenose, 4 male cherry barbs, 6 standard rummynose, 3 golden rummynose tetra, 9 emperor tetra, 14 cardinal tetra, 2 hengeli rasbora, 3 nerite snails, 1 adult Sulawesi snail and multiple juveniles continually appearing.

Parameters: gH2, kH1, pH7.4 (tap).
Fish fiend since October 2017.
AQUAMAN

18 - 6 0f each.
Water temp 27 degrees C.
Water samples tested extensively by accredited company and found to be ok.
VikingMummy2015
TOTM Winner
TOTM Winner
Has liked: 860 times
Been liked: 1827 times

AQUAMAN wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 10:21 am 18 - 6 0f each.
Water temp 27 degrees C.
Water samples tested extensively by accredited company and found to be ok.
Would this be an accredited company who you then spent money buying fish from? Cos they’ll tell you what gets you spending money.

Even if they were actually scrupulous, a good Fishkeeper knows their water and monitors it regularly. A decent liquid test kit like API will last you a long time and help you spot issues as they arise. You also need to know your water hardness levels.
27 seems a little on the higher side (my tank is 24-25 and I only had a tank up to 27 when I had a betta), although you haven’t said what type of danio so I can’t say if it’s needed to be that high or not.

A good website for checking requirements is Seriously Fish and also Aqadvisor. In combination they’ll tell you what size tank, water temperature and parameters (in terms of hardness) each species needs as well as behavioural compatibility.

If you plug your postcode into a Google with water hardness, or look on your water supplier website, that’ll be a start for more specific suggestions.
240L Fluval Roma with Oase 600 Biomaster: 1 German red bristlenose, 4 male cherry barbs, 6 standard rummynose, 3 golden rummynose tetra, 9 emperor tetra, 14 cardinal tetra, 2 hengeli rasbora, 3 nerite snails, 1 adult Sulawesi snail and multiple juveniles continually appearing.

Parameters: gH2, kH1, pH7.4 (tap).
Fish fiend since October 2017.
plankton
Super Mod
Super Mod
Has liked: 5064 times
Been liked: 3426 times

I'd say it was way too warm for danio and embers, although it's right at the top of the "range" for embers.
Most, if not all, danios prefer it around 20C/21C and will age quickly in hotter water.
If at first you don't succeed....
...get someone else to do it! :D

Enjoy your fish, shrimps and snails!
Ian
AQUAMAN

Thanks for all the info.
However, I am fast reaching the point of getting rid of my 100l aqurium tank as keeping tropical fish in Dartford appears to be more difficult than I imagined.
Stephen
Guru Multi TOTM Winner
Guru Multi TOTM Winner
Has liked: 1418 times
Been liked: 3413 times

AQUAMAN wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2024 0:03 am Thanks for all the info.
However, I am fast reaching the point of getting rid of my 100l aqurium tank as keeping tropical fish in Dartford appears to be more difficult than I imagined.
There are many fish that would suit your Dartford hard water.
Cherry Barb (Puntius titteya), Zebra Danio (Danio rerio), Giant Danio (Devario malabaricus), Platy (Xiphophorus maculatus), Asian Rummynose (Sawbwa resplendens), etc.. (just an example)
All the above are fine in your very hard water and all can be kept at 22C
425L SeaBray Elite aquarium - Rio Mamoré (Bolivia) theme
4 x Cupid Cichlids, 14 x Cory caudimaculatus, 11 x Cory sterbai 51 x Reed Tetra, 4 x Honeycomb Bristlenose (L519)