Practical Advice Please

Just started on your fishy adventures, ask for help in here.
Nigelmo
Has liked: 3 times

Hi,

just had an aqua one 94l tank crack on me and currently have Eau de Fish Tank in the carpet. The Mrs isn’t happy!

So, I’m in need of a replacement very swiftly.

My requirements aren’t easy to find online though, )so hopefully someone can assist….

60x30cm base. Height as high as possible so as to maximise water volume. A recommendation as to tank and stand would be handy, preferably in oak or white.

But the real BIGGIE is that I want to use my Fluval 306, but without cutting holes in a hood of a tank that is designed for an internal filter.

I’m sure there must be someone on here who has had the same issue, so I’m hoping that a solution is available.

I accept that I may be heading along the DIY route, as the current crop of CIANO, FLUVAL et al seem to not cater for an external filter for a medium size tank. So what do I need to find?

I’m thinking I’m going to be heading towards a basic glass structure, and purchase a condensation lid, with a wooden canopy that incorporates a light unit, although I have salvaged the LED from the lid already.

That’s a chuffing load of research, so if there is anyone out there who has a 100l tank or less, with a footprint of 60 x 30 cm but has the instant capability of having an external aka canister filter without taking a hacksaw to the lid, I’d really appreciate your response.

Thank you.

NM
Martinspuddle
Forum Jester & TOTM Winner
Has liked: 4252 times
Been liked: 3917 times

Greetings :] & welcome to AF-UK

Sorry to hear you've had your aquarium break on you. Think your going to find it difficult to locate aquarium to fit your current requirements.

The only suggestion I can think of is that you scrap the idea of using a hood and purchase a all glass aquarium. Use it open topped with a external LED light unit, which frankly these days are not expensive to buy.

Is this a planted setup?
WARNING - DO NOT BREED, FEED OR PET THE PUDDLE! :dodgy2:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
:swim2: :swim2: :swim2: :swim2: :swim2: :woo: :swim2: :swim2: :swim2:
plankton
Super Mod
Super Mod
Has liked: 5064 times
Been liked: 3426 times

Welcome to the forum. :)
Sorry to hear about the tank.
I'd probably look at a Clearseal for a replacement at that size, but it probably won't be as tall. I don't get why tall tanks are a "thing" as the volume isn't relevant for the fish, only the area is - for gas transfer at the surface....
If at first you don't succeed....
...get someone else to do it! :D

Enjoy your fish, shrimps and snails!
Ian
Bluetaurus
Has liked: 193 times
Been liked: 75 times

Hello and welcome
Superfish home 110 ,Superfish aqua pro 300 filter, + APS hob 500 filter.
Low tech set up.
Nigelmo
Has liked: 3 times

Martinspuddle wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2024 8:22 am Greetings :] & welcome to AF-UK

Sorry to hear you've had your aquarium break on you. Think your going to find it difficult to locate aquarium to fit your current requirements.

The only suggestion I can think of is that you scrap the idea of using a hood and purchase a all glass aquarium. Use it open topped with a external LED light unit, which frankly these days are not expensive to buy.

Is this a planted setup?

Yes it is/was planted. Thankfully I have another larger set up that everything is living in for now.
fr499y
Admin - TOTM Winner
Admin - TOTM Winner
Has liked: 1789 times
Been liked: 4222 times

I’d say go shallower, I bought my custom 60x38x20cm aquarium for next to nothing on eBay brand new 😁
Martinspuddle
Has liked: 4252 times
Been liked: 3917 times

fr499y wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2024 18:23 pm I’d say go shallower, I bought my custom 60x38x20cm aquarium for next to nothing on eBay brand new 😁
Cheapskate! :dodgy2:
WARNING - DO NOT BREED, FEED OR PET THE PUDDLE! :dodgy2:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
:swim2: :swim2: :swim2: :swim2: :swim2: :woo: :swim2: :swim2: :swim2: