Plant Issue

Anniekins
Been liked: 3 times

Hi, I am new to having plants in my aquarium so I realise I have an awful lot to learn. One of my plants seems to be shrivelling slightly. I have used Seachem Flourish tabs in the substrate, I dose TNC weekly and also add Flourish Excel daily. Any suggestions as to what could be causing the issue and what I may need to add.
I have posted an image of the plant.
fr499y
Admin - TOTM Winner
Admin - TOTM Winner
Has liked: 1789 times
Been liked: 4222 times

I could be wrong but it’s either iron or calcium deficiency that causes the leaves to curl at the edges.
Martinspuddle
Forum Jester & TOTM Winner
Has liked: 4252 times
Been liked: 3917 times

How long you had the Hygrophila polysperma and by the looks of it, 'Rosanervig' in your aquarium?
WARNING - DO NOT BREED, FEED OR PET THE PUDDLE! :dodgy2:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
:swim2: :swim2: :swim2: :swim2: :swim2: :woo: :swim2: :swim2: :swim2:
Lo1
TOTM Winner
TOTM Winner
Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 223 times

How are you dosing the tank? Either the water column or directly onto the leaves.
:swim: :swim2: :swim:

NACD OptiWhite Aquarium 140l,
F Zone Stainless Steel 15l filter,
Eheim powerLED+ fresh daylight,
Eheim powerLED+ fresh plants,
AI Nero 3 Powerhead,
Twinstar Nano Sterilizer,
Co2 Art PRO-SE.
Unalome
TOTM Winner
TOTM Winner
Has liked: 276 times
Been liked: 222 times

Off topic but just wanted to compliment your Boesmani :love:
54L | Dark Start Tank | Tank log
250L | Rainbow Utopia Tank | Tank log
Anniekins

I have had those plants for about six weeks.I have Flourish root tabs and dose TNC weekly into the tank plus Flourish Excel daily. I didn’t know the name of the plants as I asked in MA for fast growing easy plants and they suggested the ones you can see.
Thanks Unalome, I certainly have a soft spot for all rainbows.
Martinspuddle
Has liked: 4252 times
Been liked: 3917 times

Anniekins wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2024 18:20 pm I have had those plants for about six weeks.I have Flourish root tabs and dose TNC weekly into the tank plus Flourish Excel daily. I didn’t know the name of the plants as I asked in MA for fast growing easy plants and they suggested the ones you can see.
Thanks Unalome, I certainly have a soft spot for all rainbows.
I've had Hygrophila do this before, it's like Cryptcoryne melt but only delayed, although usually long before six weeks.

Snip off the top parts of the stems and you can divide the remaining stems, as long these have leaves new growth should start to appear. Then on remove any older dying leaves.

Hygrophila polysperma AKA 'Indian water weed' I will warn you, once established it grows like wildfire. :]
WARNING - DO NOT BREED, FEED OR PET THE PUDDLE! :dodgy2:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
:swim2: :swim2: :swim2: :swim2: :swim2: :woo: :swim2: :swim2: :swim2:
Anniekins

Thank you for reply. I will certainly trim off as suggested and divide some stems. I’m due to do a water change tomorrow so that will be a good time to carry it out. Another question, does it become a nuisance to manage or is it okay with regular trimming?
fr499y
Admin - TOTM Winner
Admin - TOTM Winner
Has liked: 1789 times
Been liked: 4222 times

It’s fine with regular trimming. You can even use it as a carpet plant if you trim low 😁
Anniekins

Brilliant, thank you so much for your advice. Do you think the weekly dose of TNC is enough or is there a better brand?