The dwarves are a bot more of a gamble that's for sure
[/quote]That you seldom will win !

Sent from the other side of the North Sea
Send from the Low lands.
Sixo
Posting Legend
Has liked: 530 times
Been liked: 310 times

Lost another two Honeys think the group might be getting on a bit. Think when they all go I'll get a single male and hope for the best.
Sixo
Posting Legend

Gingerlove05 wrote: Thu Oct 24, 2019 22:10 pm Loads of character in a dwarf, although i do love the placid calmness of the honeys.
Same GL, the yellow colour breaks up the reds/blues/greys of what I have in there. In two minds whether to stick with honeys or get a single flame dwarf and see how it goes at some point down the line.
Sixo
Posting Legend

Well after losing another couple of honey gourami (down to last 2) I was out at maidenhead looking at decor when I saw a tank with 2 dwarf gourami in amongst some tetras. One was harassing the other, it only had one feeler. Knew it was a gamble but decided to buy the victim. Been a couple of days and no sign of aggression with the honeys or from the cichilids think I might have been lucky.
plankton
Super Mod
Super Mod
Has liked: 5051 times
Been liked: 3423 times

Fingers crossed it recovers and doesn't pick on the honeys..... ;)
Ric
Previous TOTM Winner
Previous TOTM Winner
Has liked: 4280 times
Been liked: 1898 times

Fingers crossed.

It is still early days so keep an eye out for when he has settled in properly and recovered a bit.
Si4geckos
TOTM Winner
TOTM Winner
Has liked: 438 times
Been liked: 844 times

I may have read somewhere the best bet is to get a female powder blue dwarf gourami. They have decent blue colour, but generally lack the aggression of the male dwarfs. Pretty sure that was the outcome of my research. I've never had great success with any gourami. They do ok, but just seem to have a short shelf life. I've got 5 female honey gourami left and may get something else yellow to replace them when the rest pass on eventually.
Sixo
Posting Legend

Si4geckos wrote: Wed Jan 08, 2020 17:22 pm I may have read somewhere the best bet is to get a female powder blue dwarf gourami. They have decent blue colour, but generally lack the aggression of the male dwarfs. Pretty sure that was the outcome of my research. I've never had great success with any gourami. They do ok, but just seem to have a short shelf life. I've got 5 female honey gourami left and may get something else yellow to replace them when the rest pass on eventually.
I quite like the powder blues. Nice in their own way,

Never had them but people big up lemon tetras on here a lot, will definitely look at them at some point in future.
Sixo
Posting Legend

Just a little update on the male dwarf. His feeler never grew back but seems happy enough, not the healthiest, most vibrant dwarf I've ever seen but given he was clearly a bully victim in the shop it's no great surprise, drifts around all levels. Has the occasional "get out if my way" pop at the two Honeys but nothing major. Definitely adds a bit of character to the tank.

Sixo
Posting Legend

Lost him today, he always looked a bit tipsy from day I got him. Least he had a had a good home for the last part. Think I'm done with dwarf gourami hear so much about this virus and how they never last long.