Amano shrimp with keyhole cichlid

Blockhead
Been liked: 1 time

Hi. I'm just wondering if amano shrimp would be ok with keyhole cichlid in a community tank set up.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Dominic :)
Martinspuddle
Forum Jester & TOTM Winner
Has liked: 4220 times
Been liked: 3889 times

Keyhole Cichlid like all Cichlid family will hunt them out, harass and eventually kill the Shrimp.
WARNING - DO NOT BREED, FEED OR PET THE PUDDLE! :dodgy2:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
:swim2: :swim2: :swim2: :swim2: :swim2: :woo: :swim2: :swim2: :swim2:
plankton
Super Mod
Super Mod
Has liked: 5033 times
Been liked: 3395 times

Not so sure Martin, if the Amanos are big enough they may be ok with the smaller, less aggressive cichlids.
I believe there are some on here that keep them with Bolivians and/or keyholes????
Martinspuddle
Has liked: 4220 times
Been liked: 3889 times

plankton wrote: Mon Feb 03, 2020 8:57 am Not so sure Martin, if the Amanos are big enough they may be ok with the smaller, less aggressive cichlids.
I believe there are some on here that keep them with Bolivians and/or keyholes????
@plankton I won't want to bet my life on it. We know you can get Cichlids that will are fine in a community set-up for years, a model citizen, never even bothering a new born Guppy fry... But on the other hand knowing back in the late 1980's I had a pair Keyhole Cichlids that were quite happy to hunt, kill, then eat River Shrimp, I would say no everytime.

So to @Blockhead I will change my answer to 'with extreme caution' to mixing any small Cichlid family with any Shrimp, no matter the size of the crustacean.
WARNING - DO NOT BREED, FEED OR PET THE PUDDLE! :dodgy2:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
:swim2: :swim2: :swim2: :swim2: :swim2: :woo: :swim2: :swim2: :swim2: