Amano shrimp with keyhole cichlid

Blockhead

Amano shrimp with keyhole cichlid

Post by Blockhead »

Hi. I'm just wondering if amano shrimp would be ok with keyhole cichlid in a community tank set up.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Dominic :)

Martinspuddle
Forum Jester & TOTM Winner

Re: Amano shrimp with keyhole cichlid

Post by Martinspuddle »

Keyhole Cichlid like all Cichlid family will hunt them out, harass and eventually kill the Shrimp.
Boris has cancelled Christmas, great news, if your a Turkey.:dodgy2:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
:swim2: :swim2: :swim2: :swim2: :swim2: :swim2: :woo: :swim2: :swim2:

plankton
Super Mod
Super Mod

Post by plankton »

Not so sure Martin, if the Amanos are big enough they may be ok with the smaller, less aggressive cichlids.
I believe there are some on here that keep them with Bolivians and/or keyholes????

Martinspuddle

Post by Martinspuddle »

plankton wrote: Mon Feb 03, 2020 8:57 am Not so sure Martin, if the Amanos are big enough they may be ok with the smaller, less aggressive cichlids.
I believe there are some on here that keep them with Bolivians and/or keyholes????
@plankton I won't want to bet my life on it. We know you can get Cichlids that will are fine in a community set-up for years, a model citizen, never even bothering a new born Guppy fry... But on the other hand knowing back in the late 1980's I had a pair Keyhole Cichlids that were quite happy to hunt, kill, then eat River Shrimp, I would say no everytime.

So to @Blockhead I will change my answer to 'with extreme caution' to mixing any small Cichlid family with any Shrimp, no matter the size of the crustacean.
Boris has cancelled Christmas, great news, if your a Turkey.:dodgy2:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
:swim2: :swim2: :swim2: :swim2: :swim2: :swim2: :woo: :swim2: :swim2: