PJN's 135 Litre Mekong River

A place to keep us informed of the goings on in your tanks. - Tank Logs.
PJN
Posting Legend
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 1 time

They've gone alright actually, thank you! (must've been all the revision :P ) now to wait tentatively until August to find out how well I did!
PJN
Posting Legend

The tank as of Monday...
PJN
Posting Legend

Looks like the fluval light has failed, so I'm using the old light for now. Anyone have experiences with their customer service? Is it good?
Vale!
Super Mod - TOTM Winner
Super Mod - TOTM Winner
Has liked: 32 times
Been liked: 1302 times

A while back I worked at a place that had loads of fish tanks, most of them decades old. One in particular was on its last legs, weeping from two seams. The 'owners' of that tank had little money for a replacement. So I wrote to several aquarium manufacturers to see if I could persuade one to offer some kind of deal.

Only Fluval (actually Hagen) replied. The lady said that they'd just done an exhibition not far from where I was working and that we could probably have one from there. She didn't know what might be available but came back to me later and said "It's a Vicenza - would that be OK?"  Oh yes!  They sent it at no charge.

A week later came a phone call from Stores to say that there was an enormous parcel for me to collect. I went to collect … a Fluval Vicenza smashed to smithereens. They'd sent a cabinet, too - that was OK. 

I wrote rather awkwardly to Fluval/Hagen to relate the misfortune and to thank them for their amazing generosity.

A week later, another call from Stores : "You remember that box you got last week? Well, they're breeding. We've got another of the ****ers here".

So I collected a whole and much  better-packed Vicenza ; and another cabinet.

That's what I call customer service!
Cheltgirl
Previous TOTM Winner
Previous TOTM Winner
Has liked: 16 times
Been liked: 14 times

At one point we had two Fluval tanks with stands next to each other but one was older than the other so didn’t have handles on the doors and they didn’t match. It looked odd so we called them to ask if we could buy some but they were very happy to put some in the post to use free of charge. Very pleasant company to deal with.
500L Sooperhooge Goldfish tank :)
200L The Barbarium….Tiger barbs and a very grumpy BN plec
200L Marine Reef.....stocking in progress!
PJN
Posting Legend

Thanks both, hoping it should be okay then. I'll give them a call soon and see if I can arrange something.
PJN
Posting Legend

The light shall be replaced soon, unfortunately it will have to be after a 3 week break abroad so I'm hoping that the old light will manage - I'm sure it will though.

I'm also thinking of combining this thread with the shrimp tank one as it'll just make things a little easier. I'm trying to attach a picture, but it's not seeming to want to upload properly..
Gingerlove05
Forum Guru
Forum Guru
Has liked: 5460 times
Been liked: 2672 times

Yeah there’s an issue with the attachments ATM, fr499y is working on it :)
To the tune of “the saints go marching in”:
Oh fluffy sheep! Oh fluffy sheep! Oh fluffy sheep are wonderful, they’re white Welsh and fluffy! Oh fluffy sheep are wonderful!
PJN
Posting Legend

Apologies I haven't been active as of late. The tank is doing okay, unfortunately I've had a few losses from the rasbora - I found it a little tricky to get back into the swing of things after my exams last year. Hope everyone here is well.
Gingerlove05
Forum Guru
Forum Guru
Has liked: 5460 times
Been liked: 2672 times

No need to apologise :)
Hope your well and the exams went well for you :)