So I was at the LFS today

Feel free to talk about anything and everything in this board.
Forum suggestion always welcome. All things non-fishy related.
Martinspuddle
Forum Jester & TOTM Winner
Has liked: 4244 times
Been liked: 3908 times

mikeyw64 wrote: Sun Feb 16, 2020 21:36 pm and 1 dwarf Gourami takes me to 99% lol
Better to leave the Dwarf Gourami, don't wont to overcrowd the aquarium! :]
WARNING - DO NOT BREED, FEED OR PET THE PUDDLE! :dodgy2:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
:swim2: :swim2: :swim2: :swim2: :swim2: :woo: :swim2: :swim2: :swim2:
mikeyw64
Posting Legend
Has liked: 424 times
Been liked: 1275 times

oh it just gets harder (especially when you start using aqadvisors guidelines lol, previous one was from think fish)

Anyways 150 Embers with one really really nice Betta is (at aqadvisor, thinkfish deliberately doesnt list Bettas) calculated at 85% stocking

Doesn't help looking at things like this lol

(ok, ok maybe I should stop thinking about this)
Martinspuddle

Just fill full of Ember Tetras. :D
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Martinspuddle

Rasboras! :grin:

Fishtales
Posting Legend
Has liked: 1064 times
Been liked: 471 times

I am going to have to go back to the beginning of this thread Mikey to recap. TBH with all the options you're coming up with, I wouldn't know what to choose either. This is the fun part of the tank though, exploring all the possibilities.

I love seeing just how many ideas you have. Waiting for the next installment Image

ETA With Martin's help there should be no shortage in the ideas department ROFL
Martinspuddle

Fishtales wrote: Sun Feb 16, 2020 23:31 pm I am going to have to go back to the beginning of this thread Mikey to recap. TBH with all the options you're coming up with, I wouldn't know what to choose either. This is the fun part of the tank though, exploring all the possibilities.

I love seeing just how many ideas you have. Waiting for the next installment Image

ETA With Martin's help there should be no shortage in the ideas department ROFL
Maybe you and I should push him down the Piranha route or maybe not! :grin:
mikeyw64
Posting Legend
Has liked: 424 times
Been liked: 1275 times

@Fishtales

So If I wind back a bit further (and that's even further back then my original 2nd stocking thread) to the beginning.

I wanted to get a second bigger tank than my first ever 80L Fireplace.

Space & Location limitations restricted me to a 3ft long tank however I was able to find one that was 2ft deep by 2 ft tall and coming in at 300L.

My GF made it quite clear that she wanted "bigger" fish than we have in the Fireplace which would be nice but the problem I face is that 3 ft length does place restrictions and I freely admit that my scaping may have placed further restrictions.

As it stands I have just about got her to accept that whilst I *may* get 6 Angels in intially that some of them may need to go later down the line.

Also managed to persuade her to accept the Rummys after she saw them together with Angels at Blue Aquarium (although admittedly in a *much* larger setup lol)

She's also very impatient, if she had had her way Sunnyside would have been filled with fish on day 1 and even though the cycle is just about finished I can "feel" her itching to get fish in there, trying to hold her back and say "need to make sure the shop has what I want, they may not have enough of what I want in, I may have to order etc".

That said I really do like the idea of having a nice big school of smaller fish in there as I think the behaviour would be so much different to the small numbers that are in the Fireplace, problem is can I get her to visualise that ?

She has said "It's your tank it's up to you what goes in there" but we all know what that really means lol
Fishtales
Posting Legend
Has liked: 1064 times
Been liked: 471 times

mikeyw64 wrote: Sun Feb 16, 2020 23:53 pm That said I really do like the idea of having a nice big school of smaller fish in there as I think the behaviour would be so much different to the small numbers that are in the Fireplace, problem is can I get her to visualise that ?

She has said "It's your tank it's up to you what goes in there" but we all know what that really means lol
Good luck with that. And yes we do know exactly what that means. It's up to you.....but make the right choice ROFL

Martinspuddle wrote: Sun Feb 16, 2020 23:35 pm Maybe you and I should push him down the Piranha route or maybe not! :grin:
Whatever you do @mikeyw64 DON'T let her read this thread (at least not without careful editing) ROFL
Martinspuddle

mikeyw64 wrote: Sun Feb 16, 2020 23:53 pm She's also very impatient, if she had had her way Sunnyside would have been filled with fish on day 1 and even though the cycle is just about finished I can "feel" her itching to get fish in there, trying to hold her back and say "need to make sure the shop has what I want, they may not have enough of what I want in, I may have to order etc".

Your girl friend WILL get what she wants... Women always do! :dodgy2:
Fishtales wrote: Mon Feb 17, 2020 0:47 am Whatever you do @mikeyw64 DON'T let her read this thread (at least not without careful editing) ROFL
How do you know she hasn't already. :grin:
plankton
Super Mod
Super Mod
Has liked: 5051 times
Been liked: 3423 times

I think the rummies/sterbai/apisto are a good idea at 26C, but.......
They are all mainly lower dwelling fish, so the 2' high tank will look a bit empty.
I would suggest emperors, hatchets, sterbai and apistos.
The rummies will go all over the tank sometimes, but will mainly be at the lower areas.