How to choose filter for aefreshwater 900?

Just started on your fishy adventures, ask for help in here.
Fishtales
Posting Legend
Has liked: 1064 times
Been liked: 471 times

I find the details on the Fluval FX filters confusing. They state the FX 4 has a pump output of 2650lph, but a filter circulation of 1700lph. So what is the difference between these two things? (apart from 950lph :P )
Fishkeeping - 4yrs

Aqua One 405lt 5ft tank - Sailfin pleco, Rainbow shark, albino/bronze cory x 11, 7 x Clown Loach
Filtration 2 x Aqua One Aquis 1050 externals, 1 x Ocellaris 850 external

Juwel 120lt 2ft - 12 x Cherry Barb, 10 x Panda Cory, 1 x Albino Bristlenose Pleco
Filtration Fluval 205
fr499y
Admin - TOTM Winner
Admin - TOTM Winner
Has liked: 1785 times
Been liked: 4203 times

Pump output ( straight out the pump ) circulation ( minus the recommended head height, what comes out at the tank end )
Fishtales
Posting Legend
Has liked: 1064 times
Been liked: 471 times

fr499y wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 17:53 pm Pump output ( straight out the pump ) circulation ( minus the recommended head height, what comes out at the tank end )
Thanks fr499y. Nice that they have chosen to give both figures for these filters :) So compared to a lot of filters they do have a pretty powerful actual flow.
Fishkeeping - 4yrs

Aqua One 405lt 5ft tank - Sailfin pleco, Rainbow shark, albino/bronze cory x 11, 7 x Clown Loach
Filtration 2 x Aqua One Aquis 1050 externals, 1 x Ocellaris 850 external

Juwel 120lt 2ft - 12 x Cherry Barb, 10 x Panda Cory, 1 x Albino Bristlenose Pleco
Filtration Fluval 205
Redpanda
Previous TOTM Winner
Previous TOTM Winner
Has liked: 854 times
Been liked: 284 times

I found information that flow can be adjusted/regulated through aquastop valves.

Below is info from Canadian Fluval-

How much can the flow of my FX-series filter be reduced via the AquaStop valves?
You can safely turn down the output AquaStop by 50% in order to reduce flow without damaging the filter’s pump.

Now I called UK representatives- they saying maximum up to 20%.

Couple of online filter reviews saying, full control from maximum flow to zero, is the real advantage of this filter..

Wondering if anyone has tried it? Also I don’t know how these pumps work but I assume input valve has to be on the same setting as output valve? Or pump will only take in as much as it can push out?

Forgive me if these are stupid questions. Thank you 😊
markn76

Hi there. Sorry to bring up an old post plus I could have added a vote for the Oase thermo 600 too, I have one and love it.
My question is , how are you getting on with the Evolution aqua 900 ? I'm looking to get one but im hearing horror stories of the aluminum base flexing and wobbling. I've had my heart set on this tank for ages and now I have funds for one im getting worried it may have serious issues.
Redpanda
Previous TOTM Winner
Previous TOTM Winner
Has liked: 854 times
Been liked: 284 times

markn76 wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 19:15 pm Hi there. Sorry to bring up an old post plus I could have added a vote for the Oase thermo 600 too, I have one and love it.
My question is , how are you getting on with the Evolution aqua 900 ? I'm looking to get one but im hearing horror stories of the aluminum base flexing and wobbling. I've had my heart set on this tank for ages and now I have funds for one im getting worried it may have serious issues.
Hiya. Sorry only been this.
I do like the tank and it’s great. The frame looks weak and slightly wobble however. It’s strong enough and wobbles much less once tank is full with water. Like it’s tiny tiny bit. Of course I would have like it more solid. It is definitely not flexible.
Another disadvantage for me, is how tall it is. Basically difficult to reach the bottom of the tank with siphon or anything, always need high steps, not easy for water changes or cleaning glass.
Also because of the height I find it’s difficult to fill up with plants. I’ve planted giant tall plants and it still looks half empty 😂😂
So that’s all negatives.
But, design looks great, and it’s a real feature in the house. Cupboard has loads of space for my fx4 and buckets and everything else.
I personally chose it for the looks and fitting in our white open plan fairly modern house, I was not aware of any practical issues I’m going to notice, and still despite all above I wouldn’t want to change it, unless it’s custom made and probably much more expensive 😊