Wiggles tank

A place to keep us informed of the goings on in your tanks. - Tank Logs.
Wiggles
Has liked: 49 times
Been liked: 209 times

Right so... The sump was even more disgustingly dirty than I first thought used 3 whole kitchen rolls try and scoop all the sediment up... Even found a dead fish in there.

So convinced the Mrs (up until this point it was mostly "that stupid tank was your idea so you can sort it out yourself") to help me move it onto the patio to hose it out which made things a lot easier.

Then I cleaned the cabinet to bring it inside and fit it into the gap I had so carefully measured and it didn't fit... It slid half way in but wouldn't go back against the wall... The skirting board wasn't dead straight so stopped it going in. So obviously I just ripped the skirting board off to make it fit 👍 and the shelf that was too low

The. Got the sump in fitted the doors etc, so a big step taken but plenty more to go yet!

Last edited by Wiggles on Sun Jan 19, 2020 17:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ric
Previous TOTM Winner
Previous TOTM Winner
Has liked: 4280 times
Been liked: 1898 times

Yes, those skirting boards can be deceptive. Well done on making things fit, though, and the cabinet looks quite smart. If the tank will look just as smart later on, then I'm sure domestic bliss will return :)
Martinspuddle
Forum Jester & TOTM Winner
Has liked: 4265 times
Been liked: 3921 times

Wiggles wrote: Sun Jan 19, 2020 17:32 pm So convinced the Mrs (up until this point it was mostly "that stupid tank was your idea so you can sort it out yourself") to help me move it onto the patio to hose it out which made things a lot easier.
Just say 'Yes love and No love' in all the right places and you'll be fine... works for me, sometimes :rolleyes:
WARNING - DO NOT BREED, FEED OR PET THE PUDDLE! :dodgy2:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
:swim2: :swim2: :swim2: :swim2: :swim2: :woo: :swim2: :swim2: :swim2:
Wiggles

She seems a bit more positive about it now she's got involved so when it looks good it can be her idea we got it 😉
Martinspuddle
Has liked: 4265 times
Been liked: 3921 times

Wiggles wrote: Sun Jan 19, 2020 17:49 pm She seems a bit more positive about it now she's got involved so when it looks good it can be her idea we got it 😉
That's always the way. :cool:
WARNING - DO NOT BREED, FEED OR PET THE PUDDLE! :dodgy2:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
:swim2: :swim2: :swim2: :swim2: :swim2: :woo: :swim2: :swim2: :swim2:
mikeyw64
Posting Legend
Has liked: 424 times
Been liked: 1275 times

That's even more of a snug fit than mine lol.

Did you remember the electrics?
Wiggles

No that's the next task... It's still moveable as it is for now, there was quite a lot of damp related marks inside the cabinet. So I'm reluctant to have a load of plugs/extension lead sat inside there with the sump but evidently there's no room either side on the walls and behind the cupboard would be highly impractical to get to once the thing weighs half a ton....
mikeyw64
Posting Legend

Something like this between the cabinet and fire surround with an access hole cut into the side of the cabinet,?

https://www.network-cabling.co.uk/store ... cal-p-1571
mikeyw64
Posting Legend

Or have it secured on the outside of the cabinet itself
mikeyw64
Posting Legend

Or too the wall above the tsnk