Hydrogen peroxide

mantis
Has liked: 691 times
Been liked: 252 times

plankton wrote: Sun Dec 27, 2020 10:09 am I'd only recommend 3% or 6% for use in the aquarium.
Outside in a bucket or something you don't need to be so careful as there's no fish/shrimp/snails that could get squirted accidentally. ;)

My crypts are solidly rooted in the tank so no way to remove them without kicking up all the tropica substrate, think I'll go with the 6% stuff, cheers.

Just to makes sure I don't kill all my fish, I put it in a syringe with no dilution and squirt it directly onto affected leaves inside the tank? To be honest this will be a last resort as hopefully I seem to have most of it under control, just a bit stubborn hair algae left on the slow growers I think.
Gingerlove05
Forum Guru
Forum Guru
Has liked: 5448 times
Been liked: 2668 times

mantis wrote: Sun Dec 27, 2020 20:40 pm
Just to makes sure I don't kill all my fish, I put it in a syringe with no dilution and squirt it directly onto affected leaves inside the tank? To be honest this will be a last resort as hopefully I seem to have most of it under control, just a bit stubborn hair algae left on the slow growers I think.
Yep :)
The reaction in water is really quick, the algae will discolour. As long as you don’t squirt it directly on your fish/livestock you will be fine :)
I’ve done it out of water as well but with the leaves still wet, it makes a satisfying fizzing sound as the reaction occurs, just make sure you dont leave them out of water too long or it starts to bleach/kill the leaves. But that’s only out of the water :)
To the tune of “the saints go marching in”:
Oh fluffy sheep! Oh fluffy sheep! Oh fluffy sheep are wonderful, they’re white Welsh and fluffy! Oh fluffy sheep are wonderful!