Panda Garra

Barbs, Danios, Rasboras, Sharks, Golfish, Koi.
nick1982
Has liked: 57 times
Been liked: 20 times

Any Panda Garra owners on here??

I'm new to these but strongly considering adding at least one.

I have read that they do well in groups but that you can have one individual also.

I think with my setup I might well be pushing it with more than 2 so would it be safest bet to get one?

I have a 75 litre with driftwood plenty of java moss, java fern and recently added river rocks and some cryptocoryne parva. Platy's and cherry shrimp currently but would like some more bottom dwelling oriented fish in the future.

I will likely let the setup mature a bit more and possibly add more rocks or a little cave before going ahead but was just wondering if it's going to be feasible.

They seem to be great little characters!
plankton
Super Mod
Super Mod
Has liked: 5064 times
Been liked: 3426 times

They get a bit big for anything under a 4' tank (3.5" is about max, but I have seen older fish a little bigger) and they do prefer (and therefore do better) with a group.
If at first you don't succeed....
...get someone else to do it! :D

Enjoy your fish, shrimps and snails!
Ian
nick1982
Has liked: 57 times
Been liked: 20 times

plankton wrote: Tue Sep 13, 2022 15:40 pm They get a bit big for anything under a 4' tank (3.5" is about max, but I have seen older fish a little bigger) and they do prefer (and therefore do better) with a group.
Could be a problem, I have read of single Panda Garra doing well but I appreciate they probably prefer being in a group.

My tank is just over 2.5' in length.