breaking my tank down advice needed

Feel free to talk about anything and everything in this board.
Forum suggestion always welcome. All things non-fishy related.
Chadders
Has liked: 61 times
Been liked: 40 times

Due to a house move. I now need to break my tank down and sell / give away everything. I'm happy to give the fish away to the right person. However there is a lot of value in the tank the filter again and the lighting unit. The plants rocks decor etc etc could go as a job lot with the tank.
Where do I start what would the the best thing to do with the fish and when.
Any advice would be gratefully received. Thanks
VikingMummy2015
TOTM Winner
TOTM Winner
Has liked: 863 times
Been liked: 1835 times

I’m guessing there’s a reason you can’t move it all with you?

I had to get rid of my first 240L and start over back in 2018, but I just moved last week and this time I was able to take everything with me. I advertised in local Facebook groups for someone to help transfer everything and it cost £100 (he’d have taken less but it’s what I’d set aside knowing a man with a van company would have cost at least that).

When I sold up in 2018 I advertised on Facebook marketplace for someone willing to take the whole lot. It’s not easy to sell livestock there but if you phrase it carefully the bots might not catch on. I definitely made a huge loss and I suspect I’d have basically had to give everything away this time around as people just don’t have the money. So if there’s any way to keep it then definitely try to.
240L Fluval Roma with Oase 600 Biomaster: 1 German red bristlenose, 4 male cherry barbs, 6 standard rummynose, 3 golden rummynose tetra, 9 emperor tetra, 14 cardinal tetra, 2 hengeli rasbora, 3 nerite snails, 1 adult Sulawesi snail and multiple juveniles continually appearing.

Parameters: gH2, kH1, pH7.4 (tap).
Fish fiend since October 2017.
Chadders
Has liked: 61 times
Been liked: 40 times

VikingMummy2015 wrote: Sun Apr 23, 2023 22:16 pm I’m guessing there’s a reason you can’t move it all with you?

I had to get rid of my first 240L and start over back in 2018, but I just moved last week and this time I was able to take everything with me. I advertised in local Facebook groups for someone to help transfer everything and it cost £100 (he’d have taken less but it’s what I’d set aside knowing a man with a van company would have cost at least that).

When I sold up in 2018 I advertised on Facebook marketplace for someone willing to take the whole lot. It’s not easy to sell livestock there but if you phrase it carefully the bots might not catch on. I definitely made a huge loss and I suspect I’d have basically had to give everything away this time around as people just don’t have the money. So if there’s any way to keep it then definitely try to.
We're selling our house and down sizing so it's not possible to take it.