Puddles absence

Feel free to talk about anything and everything in this board.
Forum suggestion always welcome. All things non-fishy related.
Andys temperate tank
Tank of the Year Winner 2020-21
Tank of the Year Winner 2020-21
Has liked: 4378 times
Been liked: 2896 times

Pleased to see your still about @Martinspuddle mate.

Fingers crossed those tablets work and you can get back to normal soon.
64l kitchen tank: 16 golden tetra.
5ft 425L: 3 blue angel fish, 30 rummie nose tetra, 20 black neon tetra, 1 longfin bristlenose plec, 2 corydoras sterbai, 24 corydoras duplicareas,2 SAE.
Gingerlove05
Forum Guru
Forum Guru
Has liked: 5464 times
Been liked: 2675 times

plankton wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2023 8:46 am Do you rattle when you move? ;)
I was thinking the same thing lol
Hope your feeling a better Martin :)
To the tune of “the saints go marching in”:
Oh fluffy sheep! Oh fluffy sheep! Oh fluffy sheep are wonderful, they’re white Welsh and fluffy! Oh fluffy sheep are wonderful!
Staffylover
TOTM Winner
TOTM Winner
Has liked: 2282 times
Been liked: 1948 times

Nice to see you on here again, all those pills must be hard to keep track of, I hope they are helping, good luck with the next medical.
500l - Africa river - https://www.aquariumforums.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=6873
2x200l - https://www.aquariumforums.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=7790
Others - https://www.aquariumforums.co.uk/viewto ... =15&t=7411
230L 6ft - Shallow stream
Roma 125l - Holding fish
Qubiq 60 - Dwarf Spotted Danio
40l/25L - Black- bellied Limia/Pygmy Sunfish
Martinspuddle
Forum Jester & TOTM Winner
Has liked: 4265 times
Been liked: 3921 times

plankton wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2023 8:46 am Do you rattle when you move? ;)
Like a Maraca. :grin:
Staffylover wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2023 21:22 pm all those pills must be hard to keep track of
Oh tell me about it! ...every other day, twice a week, some with food, some without, one to be taken only one a Monday morning, one in the morning and at night but only for 28 days, some for 7 days then change to a different one, 5 to be taken before food once a week for 18 weeks, five days before a weekly blood test and as I'm listen to all this the Doctors words turned into "Hubble bubble toil and trouble" :dodgy2:

And another thing, is it me or do these Doctors have their own foreign language ...Celecoxib, Methotrexate, Omeprazole and Prednisolone, that's just the prescribed drugs to name a few. Don't get me going on their anatomy names, I think they are making up as their going along. :banghead:
Andys temperate tank wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2023 10:10 am Fingers crossed those tablets work and you can get back to normal soon.
I hope so, getting sick of it now, only another 11 weeks of treatment to go before going back to see the head dermatologist ...only for yet more medical experiments I have no doubt. :[
WARNING - DO NOT BREED, FEED OR PET THE PUDDLE! :dodgy2:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
:swim2: :swim2: :swim2: :swim2: :swim2: :woo: :swim2: :swim2: :swim2:
plankton
Super Mod
Super Mod
Has liked: 5080 times
Been liked: 3433 times

Fingers crossed Martin. :)
If at first you don't succeed....
...get someone else to do it! :D

Enjoy your fish, shrimps and snails!
Ian
VikingMummy2015
TOTM Winner
TOTM Winner
Has liked: 863 times
Been liked: 1832 times

The joy when Drs realise their knowledge now is much greater than back in the day and “atopic” is simply shorthand for “we don’t know why”.

Looks like they’re now recognising its allergies and quite likely things have gone untreated for so long your autoimmune system is in complete overdrive. My wee boy has inherited “atopic” eczema from the ex, except it’s totally under control by his diet and one daily antihistamine (compared to ex in his mid 40s who was never told how to manage his diet to limit histamine for example). If they start mentioning mast cells, happy to talk through anything in DMs. Did you have Covid before it all really started kicking off by any chance?
240L Fluval Roma with Oase 600 Biomaster: 1 German red bristlenose, 4 male cherry barbs, 6 standard rummynose, 3 golden rummynose tetra, 9 emperor tetra, 14 cardinal tetra, 2 hengeli rasbora, 3 nerite snails, 1 adult Sulawesi snail and multiple juveniles continually appearing.

Parameters: gH2, kH1, pH7.4 (tap).
Fish fiend since October 2017.
Martinspuddle

VikingMummy2015 wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2023 15:53 pm The joy when Drs realise their knowledge now is much greater than back in the day and “atopic” is simply shorthand for “we don’t know why”.
I did ask the 'Sore bones' what it meant but no reply was forthcoming. On the NHS website it says "Atopic" means sensitivity to allergens ...but I like your thinking. :]

No Covid before hand, until I started the steroids. No cough, just a bad headache and aching all over. Got positive Covid test reading, so I presume it was to do with the steroids.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Martinspuddle

I have returned to see the sore bones at the Dermatology hospital today and well, not great. Talk of biopsies, dermatitis, stronger medication, more tests and to add to all that, I have a chest and skin infection, which in the medical opinion is apparently related ...so who knows where this leading, they don't tell anything.

Sorry @Vale! hijacking your Snail Quiz but it took my mind of things, if only for a while.
fr499y
Admin - TOTM Winner
Admin - TOTM Winner
Has liked: 1793 times
Been liked: 4251 times

Ah man, hope you get answers soon!
plankton
Super Mod
Super Mod
Has liked: 5080 times
Been liked: 3433 times

Let's hope they can sort it all quickly.
If at first you don't succeed....
...get someone else to do it! :D

Enjoy your fish, shrimps and snails!
Ian