Platy without tail

Meggies

Hello, I was hoping for some advice re my platy. She has suffered from fin rot and been separated in a hospital tank. All fins have recovered except the tail and she struggles a little bit with swimming, though otherwise seems ok. It seems that the best thing might be to keep her separate in case she can’t get food or is attacked by the other fish but I’m sad to keep her out of our community tank as I don’t like the thought of her living alone. I’m not sure which unideal situation would be best. Any advice would be welcome. Many thanks
Last edited by Meggies on Mon Sep 04, 2023 15:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gingerlove05
Forum Guru
Forum Guru
Has liked: 5447 times
Been liked: 2668 times

Hello and welcome to AF-UK :)
Sorry to hear about the platy. Do you have any pics? Fins can recover from splits etc relatively quickly, lost fins can grow back big they might take time or they might not come back at all depending on how bad the damage from the infection is
To the tune of “the saints go marching in”:
Oh fluffy sheep! Oh fluffy sheep! Oh fluffy sheep are wonderful, they’re white Welsh and fluffy! Oh fluffy sheep are wonderful!
plankton
Super Mod
Super Mod
Has liked: 5064 times
Been liked: 3426 times

Welcome to the forum. :)
Sorry to hear.
As above, a pic would help us to see how bad the infection has been and whether the tail can grow back.
If at first you don't succeed....
...get someone else to do it! :D

Enjoy your fish, shrimps and snails!
Ian