Canister questions??

Just started on your fishy adventures, ask for help in here.
TheNotoriousDub_
Has liked: 17 times
Been liked: 8 times

Where would the wavemaker be best positioned? The spray bar runs across the back
from left to right about 3/4 of the way, and the inlet bottom right, so there's pretty much a dead ish spot around the inlet
fr499y
Admin - TOTM Winner
Admin - TOTM Winner
Has liked: 1789 times
Been liked: 4222 times

Point it towards the dead spot.
TheNotoriousDub_

So I tried the wavemaker, way too powerful for the tank. The plants were blowing all over the place. I tried facing it to different walls and angles but it just caused a whirlpool and my frogbit was spinning like mad.
Does anybody recommend any outlet nozzles compatible with the aquamanta efx200? I've gone off my spray bar...
black ghost
Posting Legend
Has liked: 309 times
Been liked: 1391 times

Why don’t you like the spraybar? You could try a longer or a shorter one, or increasing the hole size...?
I don't keep fish, I keep water. Water keeps fish.
TheNotoriousDub_

So originally the spray bar was two attachments, I bought another spare so it's 3 across now. I just worry about the dead spot in the right corner near the inlet as it gathers debris near it... here's the current layout
Martinspuddle
Forum Jester & TOTM Winner
Has liked: 4253 times
Been liked: 3917 times

TheNotoriousDub_ wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2024 10:42 am I just worry about the dead spot in the right corner near the inlet as it gathers debris near it.
You will always get detritus build by the filter inlet. Syphon any excess out during weekly aquarium maintenance.
WARNING - DO NOT BREED, FEED OR PET THE PUDDLE! :dodgy2:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
:swim2: :swim2: :swim2: :swim2: :swim2: :woo: :swim2: :swim2: :swim2:
black ghost
Posting Legend
Has liked: 309 times
Been liked: 1391 times

The fact that it’s below the filter inlet means it’s not really a dead spot. It shows that it’s all being taken to the inlet and the debris that collects there is just the stuff that’s too heavy to be pulled up into the filter. It shows you have a good circulation.
I don't keep fish, I keep water. Water keeps fish.
Martinspuddle
Has liked: 4253 times
Been liked: 3917 times

black ghost wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2024 11:45 am The fact that it’s below the filter inlet means it’s not really a dead spot. It shows that it’s all being taken to the inlet and the debris that collects there is just the stuff that’s too heavy to be pulled up into the filter. It shows you have a good circulation.
...he explained it better than me. 🙄
WARNING - DO NOT BREED, FEED OR PET THE PUDDLE! :dodgy2:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
:swim2: :swim2: :swim2: :swim2: :swim2: :woo: :swim2: :swim2: :swim2:
TheNotoriousDub_

black ghost wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2024 11:45 am The fact that it’s below the filter inlet means it’s not really a dead spot. It shows that it’s all being taken to the inlet and the debris that collects there is just the stuff that’s too heavy to be pulled up into the filter. It shows you have a good circulation.
Oh, yes, that makes sense! This is the first time using a spray bar and with the 2x attachments facing the front of the tank I did feel it was too powerful, gave my gouramis a fight to get their food, then after extending it by x1 and I have drilled the holes a .5mm I believe bigger the flow seems slower but I still have acceptable surface agitation and the gouramis can get up there no problem for their bug bites, but it's strong enough to keep the frogbit to the far right. And if we all remember I was battling the water parameters, they've been spot on for nearly 5 weeks now I believe 🙂
With the canister filter, would it be recommended to give it a clean now? Would I clean all of the trays or one maybe each water change?
TheNotoriousDub_

Also is the tank too small/overstocked for a single pearl gourami to be in there?