Flowering aquatic plants

Aquarium Decor, DIY and Equipment.
FishBubs
Has liked: 32 times
Been liked: 23 times

Hi all,

I dont have substrate for plants i just have pure sand with a bunch load of various epiphytes. The balance of plants is just right given the super water parameters i have achieved.

About two weeks ago i noticed a white bit in my tank and to my surprise i have a crypt that is blooming with three white flowers.

So my question is, does anyone know of other aquatic plants that flower?
Martinspuddle
Forum Jester & TOTM Winner
Has liked: 4261 times
Been liked: 3920 times

FishBubs wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2024 20:47 pm Hi all,

I dont have substrate for plants i just have pure sand with a bunch load of various epiphytes. The balance of plants is just right given the super water parameters i have achieved.

About two weeks ago i noticed a white bit in my tank and to my surprise i have a crypt that is blooming with three white flowers.

So my question is, does anyone know of other aquatic plants that flower?
That's not a Cryptocoryne but a Anubias Nana you have flowering. All aquatic plants have flowers, most only flower once the plant grows above the water surface.
WARNING - DO NOT BREED, FEED OR PET THE PUDDLE! :dodgy2:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
:swim2: :swim2: :swim2: :swim2: :swim2: :woo: :swim2: :swim2: :swim2:
fr499y
Admin - TOTM Winner
Admin - TOTM Winner
Has liked: 1792 times
Been liked: 4246 times

Martins wrong, it’s a bucephlandra, but yes they, crypts and Anubias all flower in the same fashion.
Martinspuddle

fr499y wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2024 22:43 pm Martins wrong, it’s a bucephlandra, but yes they, crypts and Anubias all flower in the same fashion.
No, it's Bucephlandra disguising itself as a Anubias Nana. :tongue:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
FishBubs
Has liked: 32 times
Been liked: 23 times

:rofl: :rofl: you are correct, it is indeed a bucephlandra, no idea why i even mentioned crypt cos i dont even have any in that tank 😁 i will have to keep an eye on the anubias too then.
Martinspuddle

FishBubs wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 14:35 pm :rofl: :rofl: you are correct, it is indeed a bucephlandra, no idea why i even mentioned crypt cos i dont even have any in that tank 😁 i will have to keep an eye on the anubias too then.
Didn't help that your picture wouldn't open up on PC, it wasn't until I used my phone after @fr499y mentioned it I could enlarge the picture and could see my mistake.
DuzMano
Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 19 times

Bacopa and lobelia both flower immersed but more usually emersed, sure there are plenty others. Lotus also comes to mind
Duz "'Scape Noob" Mano

Duz Mano's Leddy XL
fr499y
Admin - TOTM Winner
Admin - TOTM Winner
Has liked: 1792 times
Been liked: 4246 times

Many of the polysperma species flower too. Erectus has some amazing large purple flowers! (Lives up to its name!)