This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
<
[-]
Latest Threads
Purigen
Last Post: Jota
Yesterday 11:15 PM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 28
Eheim Pickup. Good?
Yesterday 11:09 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 18
Fishless cycling advice please
Last Post: amanda5838
Yesterday 10:53 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 6
Project Bertha 2
Yesterday 10:53 PM
» Replies: 258
» Views: 5597
New, hi and some advice please
Last Post: Rysuk
Yesterday 08:53 PM
» Replies: 26
» Views: 347
Ooops!
Last Post: Cheltgirl
Yesterday 07:34 PM
» Replies: 21
» Views: 247
RallyMatt’s 24L Nano Makeover : Bora Beach (Hopefu...
Last Post: RallyMatt
Yesterday 06:47 PM
» Replies: 83
» Views: 1315
DoubleDutch's tanks
Last Post: DoubleDutch
Yesterday 06:03 PM
» Replies: 627
» Views: 39514
Annie’s Tank - Bikini Bottom
Last Post: Gingerlove05
Yesterday 05:34 PM
» Replies: 628
» Views: 21511
A couple of daft questions...
Last Post: CrashEd
Yesterday 05:31 PM
» Replies: 33
» Views: 406
Tank updated - Any tips
Last Post: arky_4
Yesterday 04:17 PM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 63
Shopping list
Last Post: CrashEd
Yesterday 12:54 PM
» Replies: 25
» Views: 332
48 Gallon stock ideas
Last Post: Stix
Yesterday 11:16 AM
» Replies: 23
» Views: 592
Planted tank lighting
Last Post: LexIcon
Yesterday 11:08 AM
» Replies: 24
» Views: 422
Cheltgirl's Sooperteeny Nano Tank
Last Post: plankton
Yesterday 09:55 AM
» Replies: 72
» Views: 1357

Microbe-Lift
Anyone using the above products ? I was specifically looking at ‘TheraP’ but looking on line they do a very comprehensive range and I wondered if anyone else uses it and what are your general thoughts.

Thanks given by:
I was thinking it was some mini elevator.

Their 'Bacterial Aquarium Balancer' - This product is intended for use with all ornamental and aquarium fish but may not be used with fish intended for human consumption.

TheraP -

Chemical free
Increases resistance to pathogens and parasites
Establishes and maintains symbiotic microbial populations
Biologically supports a healthy aquarium eco-system which results in a beneficial breeding environment
Stimulates fish’s immune system
Promotes fish growth
Improves dissolved oxygen levels
Aids respiration and gas exchange
Oxidizes both ammonia and nitrites. Also reduces nitrates
Beneficial when overpopulation exists
Reduces environmental stress
Digests fish waste
Seeds and helps maintain biological filters
Compatible with most aquarium flora and fauna
Effective over a wide range of pH conditions
Will not significantly alter the mineral balance of the aquarium water
Eliminates noxious odors

MICROBE-LIFT/TheraP has a hydrogen sulfide odor, which will dissipate quickly. (thought they said no chemicals?)

This product is NOT a chemical. It is harmless to humans, animals, fish and plants. ---- Section 2 : HAZARD(S) IDENTIFICATIONHazard Classification :Skin & Eye Irritant Signal Word :CautionHazard Statement:Can cause eye and skin irritation over a long period of exposure. Precautionary Statements:Avoid contact with eyes. Flush immediately if needed. Use gloves to avoid contact with skin and open wounds. If exposed, wash with soap and water. Do not use internally. Keep out of reach of children.

Personal protective equipmentWash hands before and after using the product. Avoid excessive dust. Use with adequate ventilation. Safety showers, eye wash stations and washing facilities must be readily available. Eye/face protectionTightly fitting safety goggles recommendedSkin protectionSkin should be covered by clothing at a minimum. Avoid excessive skin contact.Rubber gloves-recommended.

Probably standard stuff regarding the warnings etc but again, I don't see how this is any miracle solution for aquariums. The only ingredient they will admit to is water (99%) and they claim the remaining 1% is propriatery and trade protected so it could be any old crap, normal bacteria you get in any other bottle.

Their huge list of benefits above reeks of marketing men doing a number. How do you prove any of those things and more importantly to the marketing department, how does a customer disprove them? It seems to be beneficial bacteria but in a mature aquarium you'll already have a stable population.
[Image: 2Tsph5y]
Thanks given by: Annie
(15-04-2019, 12:34 PM)Jota Wrote: I was thinking it was some mini elevator.

rofl 

And when I first scanned your reply, I thought you’d said you were thinking about this in an elevator  Big Grin

Thanks for your reply, won’t be buying any of that then !

[-] The following 1 user Likes Annie's post:
  • Jota
Thanks given by:
I don't know how effective or not this stuff is, but it looks pretty much like all the other bacteria in a bottle. As a company they seem to be pushing their 'sciencey' credentials front and centre but whether they've discovered something completely new or are just bottling the same stuff everyone else is and making out it's a new scientific breakthrough, I don't know. I couldn't see a mention of what types of bacteria they sell.
[Image: 2Tsph5y]
I have the water conditioner and plant fertiliser. They're doing their jobs well so far and are fairly high concentration so you keep them a long time.