This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
<
[-]
Latest Threads
Peat or not?
Last Post: LadyDay
Today 01:51 PM
» Replies: 29
» Views: 258
An interesting read
Last Post: Netsu
Today 01:39 PM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 148
Jens Tanks
Last Post: Jen1981
Today 01:34 PM
» Replies: 33
» Views: 519
Annie’s Tank - Bikini Bottom
Last Post: Ric
Today 01:30 PM
» Replies: 772
» Views: 30641
Simple wildlife pond
Last Post: Annie
Today 12:56 PM
» Replies: 6
» Views: 105
Once more...
Last Post: Annie
Today 12:53 PM
» Replies: 7
» Views: 36
Marty's tank log
Last Post: Marty.h
Today 12:51 PM
» Replies: 62
» Views: 969
Hola from sunny Lancs
Last Post: Mol_PMB
Today 12:49 PM
» Replies: 6
» Views: 68
festivum Behaviour
Last Post: Stephen
Today 12:08 PM
» Replies: 12
» Views: 145
Ric's Rena
Today 11:55 AM
» Replies: 31
» Views: 318
Disappearing shrimp - how to tempt them out?
Last Post: Mfisher
Today 11:44 AM
» Replies: 8
» Views: 91
Best sand for planted
Today 10:59 AM
» Replies: 5
» Views: 60
Urgent camallanus worms suspected
Today 10:44 AM
» Replies: 16
» Views: 159
Hello all!
Last Post: plankton
Today 10:23 AM
» Replies: 11
» Views: 104
SnowAddicts predictable Upgrade
Last Post: plankton
Today 10:07 AM
» Replies: 278
» Views: 22361

omg solenoid dead
Can't get the solenoid to work, can anybody please please tell me how to set it up.
When I plug it directly into the mains it lights up red, what does that mean?
Thanks given by:
Daft question, is it plugged in?
Is the timer (if you have one on it) set to be on currently?
Failing that theres a guide and video at the bottom of this link that might help:
https://www.aquariumgardens.co.uk/aquari...-673-p.asp
 😇 Heaven doesn’t want me...
And Hell is afraid I’ll take over! 😈
Thanks given by:
(12-05-2019, 09:57 PM)Gingerlove05 Wrote: Daft question, is it plugged in?
Is the timer (if you have one on it) set to be on currently?
Failing that theres a guide and video at the bottom of this link that might help:
https://www.aquariumgardens.co.uk/aquari...-673-p.asp

Yes its plugged in to a timer, so when the power is on does it switch the solenoid on or off ?? when the solenoid is powered up is it stopping or starting the Co2.
Thanks given by:
I imagine it would switch the solenoid on which would open the valve to allow the co2 through to the tank
[-] The following 1 user Likes Gingerlove05's post:
  • Pleco Fan
Thanks given by:
the red light indicates power to the solenoid. When powered it allow CO2 out.
[-] The following 1 user Likes stuaz's post:
  • Pleco Fan
Thanks given by:
(12-05-2019, 11:00 PM)stuaz Wrote: the red light indicates power to the solenoid. When powered it allow CO2 out.

OK but when the solenoid has no power it is meant to shut the Co2 off?   but if that's the case and the solenoid has no power what action can it make without power? in other words how can the solenoid turn off the Co2 if it has no electrical current? 
I can hear my solenoid clicking when the power comes on, but when the power goes off the Co2 continues to flow.
Thanks given by:
(15-05-2019, 08:52 AM)Pleco Fan Wrote:
(12-05-2019, 11:00 PM)stuaz Wrote: the red light indicates power to the solenoid. When powered it allow CO2 out.

OK but when the solenoid has no power it is meant to shut the Co2 off?   but if that's the case and the solenoid has no power what action can it make without power? in other words how can the solenoid turn off the Co2 if it has no electrical current? 
I can hear my solenoid clicking when the power comes on, but when the power goes off the Co2 continues to flow.

Yep when a solenoid has no power, it will stop the CO2.

Its not "instant" as such when the solenoid closes as there will still be some CO2 left in the pipes etc but the bubble counter should slow down and eventually stop after a minute or so.
[-] The following 1 user Likes stuaz's post:
  • Pleco Fan
Thanks given by:
Thanks I understand it now however when my timer cut the power, I heard a click and the red power light went out, it did not cut off the Co2, infact it was still feeding the tank for another hour before I decided to turn it off manually, so I'm guessing I might have a stuck valve.
Thanks for your help Stuaz I guess most people are fed up of me by now!!!  Huh
Thanks given by:
doesn't sound right that.. it should be off in minutes ( usually about 10 ) Does it have a flow diagram on the solenoid? could be you have it backwards? There should be an arrow showing the flow direction as they are usually one way. Think of it like a one way valve, get it wrong way and it won't shut off.
Thanks given by:
I was just thinking the same thing, if its the wrong way the co2 would be going out the exhaust port when the valve solenoid shuts off.
Thanks given by: