This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

<
[-]
Latest Threads
want to do a plant pot thing acros the back of the...
Last Post: yorkiejeff
Today 05:45 AM
» Replies: 30
» Views: 545
New friends and background
Last Post: Nick Jarvis
Today 12:31 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 59
I.D please
Today 12:26 AM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 47
hi all am new to this just joined as stephen reffe...
Last Post: Gingerlove05
Yesterday 11:52 PM
» Replies: 6
» Views: 37
Hi All!!
Last Post: Stephen
Yesterday 11:42 PM
» Replies: 7
» Views: 58
New used project
Last Post: Jen1981
Yesterday 11:31 PM
» Replies: 45
» Views: 1141
Is my fish full of eggs or just overweight?
Yesterday 11:26 PM
» Replies: 21
» Views: 233
New Video of shoaling fish
Yesterday 11:11 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 84
NAME THAT FISH - GAME
Last Post: Gingerlove05
Yesterday 11:00 PM
» Replies: 11
» Views: 135
Return To The Vale!odrome
Last Post: Sarah
Yesterday 10:17 PM
» Replies: 213
» Views: 4899
Fostering/Adopting a dog.
Last Post: stuaz
Yesterday 09:23 PM
» Replies: 36
» Views: 630
Cheltgirl’s Sooperhooge Goldie Tank and The Barbar...
Last Post: Cheltgirl
Yesterday 08:58 PM
» Replies: 524
» Views: 16034
DoubleDutch's tanks
Last Post: DoubleDutch
Yesterday 07:46 PM
» Replies: 772
» Views: 52857
Betta Cube - WIP
Last Post: Jen1981
Yesterday 07:45 PM
» Replies: 67
» Views: 1503
Nicks tanks.
Yesterday 07:42 PM
» Replies: 26
» Views: 403

Green Tiger Lotus
Hi All,

I am thinking that three of these would work really well in a plan I have for the 200L make over.

After being on here a while I have noticed a few people have them in their tanks and wondered if they could offer any advice for their care.

Some research has been done already so I know not to bury the bulb part of the plant, etc, however I have read that they should only be on their own in an aquarium and my idea mixes plants but not heavily.

Also any knowledge or experience people have regarding the best way to offer them fertiliser to grow well will be very much appreciated.

Many thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
60L Nano Cube - ‘Puffua New Guinea’ (3x Dwarf Puffer Fish).
12L Nano - ‘Escargot Emporium’ - Snail Breeding Tank.
Thanks given by:
Plant them, sit back and wait! Make sure you don't fully bury the bulb ( half way works well ) Kind of like how you plant swords/crypts etc. I've never given mine any special treatment. Currently have two reds under two different setups giving two completely different growth patterns. The one with no ferts and carbon is doing better than the one with Smile
Thanks given by:
In my experience they they tend not to do much at first (as they don't like being moved) but then once they are happy, they don't stop!
Thanks given by:
Fantastic, thanks both. Good to know they don’t need much TLC!

I need as much height as quickly as possible as I’m impatient for the new 200L scape which I can start now TOTM has finished!!

Thanks given by:
Maybe try something like a Echinodorus Red Diamond if you're impatient Tongue they grow very fast ( mines throwing out a new leaf every day at the moment! ) they do flower as well but take a while.
Thanks given by:
Ok cool, thanks I will have a look.

Recently there has been a lot of research into pond plants for the next project in order to gain the height. It’s a shame most of them are marsh or margin types though which should only be in a few inches of water. Typically the tank is 47cms tall and most don’t grow that high either!!

Just trying to find something close to Lillie pads which will grow that tall.

Thanks given by:
Nuphar japonica might be a good alternative? or even the Nymphoides aquatica ( banana plant )
[-] The following 1 user Likes fr499y's post:
  • RallyMatt
Thanks given by:
If you want a fast grower Matt go Hygrophila Polysperma. Go for the Sunset version to add colour. Even the other one is a lovely light green. I have both.
Thanks given by:
Thanks BHAFC1, Cheltgirl has some of that in the SoOoperHUGE already however I am looking for more Lilly type plants with large, shelf like leaves.

I did manage to grab some really nice examples of echinodorus parviflorus yesterday which are filling the gap pretty nicely

Thanks given by: