This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

<
[-]
Latest Threads
want to do a plant pot thing acros the back of the...
Last Post: yorkiejeff
Today 05:45 AM
» Replies: 30
» Views: 545
New friends and background
Last Post: Nick Jarvis
Today 12:31 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 59
I.D please
Today 12:26 AM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 47
hi all am new to this just joined as stephen reffe...
Last Post: Gingerlove05
Yesterday 11:52 PM
» Replies: 6
» Views: 37
Hi All!!
Last Post: Stephen
Yesterday 11:42 PM
» Replies: 7
» Views: 58
New used project
Last Post: Jen1981
Yesterday 11:31 PM
» Replies: 45
» Views: 1141
Is my fish full of eggs or just overweight?
Yesterday 11:26 PM
» Replies: 21
» Views: 233
New Video of shoaling fish
Yesterday 11:11 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 84
NAME THAT FISH - GAME
Last Post: Gingerlove05
Yesterday 11:00 PM
» Replies: 11
» Views: 135
Return To The Vale!odrome
Last Post: Sarah
Yesterday 10:17 PM
» Replies: 213
» Views: 4899
Fostering/Adopting a dog.
Last Post: stuaz
Yesterday 09:23 PM
» Replies: 36
» Views: 630
Cheltgirl’s Sooperhooge Goldie Tank and The Barbar...
Last Post: Cheltgirl
Yesterday 08:58 PM
» Replies: 524
» Views: 16034
DoubleDutch's tanks
Last Post: DoubleDutch
Yesterday 07:46 PM
» Replies: 772
» Views: 52857
Betta Cube - WIP
Last Post: Jen1981
Yesterday 07:45 PM
» Replies: 67
» Views: 1503
Nicks tanks.
Yesterday 07:42 PM
» Replies: 26
» Views: 403

Angelfish
Hey everyone. Tank is getting on well. Have a 180L juwel Rio. Well planted with a large central driftwood. I currently have 7 rummy nose and 4 black phantoms. I would love to add some angelfish, even just 2. im getting mixed reports on the compatibility of these tetras and angelfish. Any tips?
Thanks given by:
Angel fish are cichlids which is why the mixed reports. Cichlids are so different in their behaviour, that you might be perfectly fine or you might be giving the angels ( if you get them ) a nice filling dinner.
Thanks given by:
Yea I have heard some people very pro the idea and others very against it. Would you recommend any bigger more peachful South American fish that wouldn't be as likely to irritate or eat the tetras?
Thanks given by:
(10-06-2019, 11:59 AM)matt_ferg Wrote: Yea I have heard some people very pro the idea and others very against it. Would you recommend any bigger more peachful South American fish that wouldn't be as likely to irritate or eat the tetras?

Apistogrammas tend to be relatively peaceful with other fish (If they are mating they can get a bit territorial) or Bolivian Rams, same again for them.

Both of the above are cichlids though so again, like Fr499y says, you can get aggressive ones, although I would say the two I mentioned compared to Angelfish are peaceful.

I am currently keeping both with tetras (Embers, Cardinals & Rummy Nose). I would say your two tetras are "big" tetras so they will be fine in my view.
Thanks given by:
Before I forget, keyhole cichlids are one of the most friendliest ones I've kept. If anything, they are easily scared and are very shy!
Thanks given by:
Angels should be fine if the tetras are too big to eat, so if you get them as juveniles they should be ok. But being cichlids, if they decide to breed they could cause chaos.

I agree Keyholes are one of the most peaceful cichlids, as are the Laetacaras (flag cichlids). And Rainbow Cichlids (Herotilapia) if your water isn’t too soft/acid.
I don't keep fish, I keep water. Water keeps fish.
Thanks given by: