This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

<
[-]
Latest Threads
Marty's tank log
Last Post: Marty.h
Today 02:37 PM
» Replies: 256
» Views: 5877
Newbie Advice
Last Post: Gingerlove05
Today 02:35 PM
» Replies: 75
» Views: 1645
Matt's 450
Last Post: Gingerlove05
Today 02:30 PM
» Replies: 116
» Views: 3374
Annie’s Tank - Bikini Bottom
Last Post: Annie
Today 01:50 PM
» Replies: 898
» Views: 40006
New Tank Setup: Patience required?
Last Post: Marty.h
Today 01:47 PM
» Replies: 71
» Views: 1164
Benvilles' Tanks
Today 01:05 PM
» Replies: 677
» Views: 339
Mol_PMB's wildlife pond
Last Post: Mol_PMB
Today 12:37 PM
» Replies: 105
» Views: 1996
Water Change Frequency
Last Post: Stephen
Today 12:04 PM
» Replies: 5
» Views: 37
Hi from Bedford!
Last Post: Stephen
Today 11:48 AM
» Replies: 8
» Views: 68
Going bigger
Last Post: Si4geckos
Today 11:31 AM
» Replies: 71
» Views: 1484
Little project
Today 11:11 AM
» Replies: 40
» Views: 614
Female Dwarf Gourami
Last Post: DoubleDutch
Today 10:36 AM
» Replies: 7
» Views: 112
Cleaning filter/pump, why's it never work after cl...
Last Post: Maz
Today 10:35 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 31
How many fish to add at once
Last Post: plankton
Today 09:52 AM
» Replies: 6
» Views: 100
Jon's TroublesomeTank
Last Post: plankton
Today 09:22 AM
» Replies: 24
» Views: 406

Well priced breeding / grow out tanks uk
Hi everyone,

Long time reader, first time poster

I’m currently setting up my new fish room with the aim to breed discus and African cichlids.

I’m currently looking for some smaller tanks for breeding and for growing the fry out.

I always get jealous seeing our American friends buying these kind of tanks in the dollar per gallon sale they do in petco.

I was wondering if there is anything similar here in the UK? Or potentially in Europe that I could get shipped to me at a fair price.

I am looking at the second hand market also however I would prefer new so I would have a more uniform look and it would be more space efficient and easier to plan for with the same tanks.

Cheers

Ian
Thanks given by:
Clearseal tanks. Next to nothing in comparison and good quality. I've been using them for years. a 48"x18"x12" will set you back about £140
Thanks given by:
Yeah you can get also get the diversa guardian glass tanks on eBay new, I think 112l going for £99, just an example they’re free delivery with a good range of sizes. Also local fish stores usually have ex display tanks at massively reduced costs that they don’t show on their websites
Thanks given by:
Cool that sounds good, do you know the best place to buy them? I know I’ve seen them in pets at home before but they don’t appear to be on their website anymore.
Thanks given by:
I’ve seen those diversa tanks also which do look pretty good too
Thanks given by:
I think I’m going to go the clearseal route
[-] The following 2 users Like Justanotherfishkeepr's post:
  • fr499y, Jen1981
Thanks given by:
Hello and welcome to the site, keep us posted on your progress sounds a great project !
Oh ,..and we like updates with pics too Wink
Enjoy the forum.
Bikini Bottom - 168l
Bronze, Peppered  & Albino Cory, Black Widows, Cherry Barbs, Green Tiger Barb (rescues), Amanos.
The Kremlin - 58l 
Bronze Corys.
Thanks given by:
(08-07-2019, 10:09 AM)Justanotherfishkeepr Wrote: I think I’m going to go the clearseal route

I would, they been around for long enough to trust Tongue I'm using two of them at the moment Smile
Thanks given by:
Thanks, will keep you updated on my progress!
Thanks given by:
If you live anywhere near Salisbury, Porton Aquatics have a good deal on the Clear Seal tanks currently

Unfortunately I'm about a 6 hour drive away so can't take advantage Sad
Thanks given by: