This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

<
[-]
Latest Threads
where members live
Last Post: Stephen
Today 12:46 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 82
Stephen's 600L tank log:
Last Post: Stephen
Today 12:26 AM
» Replies: 120
» Views: 5218
Newman
Last Post: Jen1981
Today 12:00 AM
» Replies: 13
» Views: 287
Phantom tetras
Last Post: John Arnold
Yesterday 10:59 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 11
Jens Tanks
Last Post: Jen1981
Yesterday 10:26 PM
» Replies: 50
» Views: 938
Smelly Wood
Last Post: Sixo
Yesterday 10:19 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 16
Hello from wilts
Last Post: Ba15
Yesterday 10:15 PM
» Replies: 7
» Views: 81
Dwarf Gourami - Help
Last Post: stuaz
Yesterday 09:35 PM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 38
Lunar's new tank
Last Post: lunar jetman
Yesterday 09:34 PM
» Replies: 57
» Views: 860
grommit's (Brian)
Last Post: grommit
Yesterday 09:29 PM
» Replies: 224
» Views: 5741
Bullying Platys
Last Post: Gill
Yesterday 09:17 PM
» Replies: 5
» Views: 99
Marty's tank log
Last Post: Gingerlove05
Yesterday 08:57 PM
» Replies: 64
» Views: 1300
Zora’s Domain
Last Post: Annie
Yesterday 08:54 PM
» Replies: 19
» Views: 198
Spies Tank
Last Post: Ric
Yesterday 08:41 PM
» Replies: 5
» Views: 121
DoubleDutch's tanks
Last Post: Ric
Yesterday 08:33 PM
» Replies: 737
» Views: 50851

I'm coming over from the dark side ..
I'm coming over from the dark side ..

I have tried hard to save the other site and it's only been the likes of plankton (Ian), myself (Stephen), Gingerlove05 (Iain) and a few others that have kept it going. Thank you guys.
There has been no support from the current owners.
I have messaged and emailed them without any reply (if only they gave me ftp access).

Every new member is manually activated by myself as the automatic verification system has not worked for a very long time.
Scammers have been lining up to wreak havoc and I have banned them before they can actually join. I have banned about 250 in the past 4 months alone, whilst only one managed to creep through (now banned).

I did not mind being admin/moderator on the other site but I spent too much time trying to fix things and monitor/vet all the potential new members which meant that I was not posting as often and basically I was losing the enjoyment.
I love helping others and sharing my experiences and knowledge.

So I will gradually be giving up the buckets, sticky tape and glue and relocating to a safer & more modern ship (if you'll have me).
I have a little cleaning up to do first though and a few people to message.

Stephen
6 foot (600L) South America Rio Guaporé theme.

7 x Biotodoma cupido, 4 x Laetacara dorsigera, 2 x Apistogramma trifasciata (wild), 20 x Gymnocorymbus ternetzi, 18 x Hyphessobrycon eques, 30 x Hyphessobrycon herbertaxelrodi, 18 x Corydoras Sterbai, 12 x Corydoras caudimaculatus, 9 x Otocinclus sp.

My Flickr page
[-] The following 4 users Like Stephen's post:
  • fr499y, Gingerlove05, plankton, SnowAddict
Thanks given by:
Be glad to have you here full time. Doesn’t sound much fun at ‘that place’ Wink
Bikini Bottom - 168l - community
The Kremlin - 58l - Shrimp and Cory 
Thanks given by:
You are very very welcome, S.

To be frank, I'm surprised that you put up with VerticalScope for as long as you did.

Anyway, we're much more sympathetic to dodgy backs etc!

Good to have you aboard.
Thanks given by:
Good to have you here. Behave yourself and you might be lucky enough to gain a few powers Tongue
Thanks given by:
(01-08-2019, 01:40 PM)fr499y Wrote: Good to have you here. Behave yourself and you might be lucky enough to gain a few powers Tongue

He can't be the Blue Power Ranger, I bagsy that one! Big Grin
Or are we talking X-Men (X-people?).....or Highlander.....or wizards....or what am I on about? Help.....!!!!
If at first you don't succeed....
...get someone else to do it! Big Grin

Enjoy your fish, shrimps and snails!
Ian

All my posts are from a desktop.
Mobiles are way too complicated for me, although I do have one now. Wink
[-] The following 2 users Like plankton's post:
  • DoubleDutch, SnowAddict
Thanks given by:
Always welcome Stephen Smile
I had noticed it seemed to have been hard work keeping things going, there was a glimmer of hope when the owners were in contact for that brief time. I think you have done well to keep it going as well as you have for as long as you have.

PS I’m a wight/white (at least according to my avatar Big GrinWink)
 😇 Heaven doesn’t want me...
And Hell is afraid I’ll take over! 😈
Thanks given by:
Thank you Annie, Andy, Matt, Ian & Iain. Smile

7 x Biotodoma cupido, 4 x Laetacara dorsigera, 2 x Apistogramma trifasciata (wild), 20 x Gymnocorymbus ternetzi, 18 x Hyphessobrycon eques, 30 x Hyphessobrycon herbertaxelrodi, 18 x Corydoras Sterbai, 12 x Corydoras caudimaculatus, 9 x Otocinclus sp.

My Flickr page
[-] The following 2 users Like Stephen's post:
  • Annie, fr499y
Thanks given by:
I have sent out in excess of 100 messages to members of the other place.
Hopefully we will have a surge of new members here.

Stephen

My Flickr page
[-] The following 2 users Like Stephen's post:
  • Annie, fr499y
Thanks given by:
plankton Wrote:
fr499y Wrote:Good to have you here. Behave yourself and you might be lucky enough to gain a few powers Tongue

He can't be the Blue Power Ranger, I bagsy that one! Big Grin
Or are we talking X-Men (X-people?).....or Highlander.....or wizards....or what am I on about? Help.....!!!!
Can I be Aquaman, Doctor Strange (or is that name reserved for someone else?), Hawkeye, The Shadow, or maybe the Green Power Ranger ?

[Image: green_power_ranger.jpg]

My Flickr page
[-] The following 1 user Likes Stephen's post:
  • Gingerlove05
Thanks given by:
I'll have to mull it over Tongue
Thanks given by: